Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Does anyone think that trying to fit jack in the side is putting players out of position and unsettling the balance….oh Rodney Rodney
Nope. The fact we don’t have a striker is putting players out of position and unsettling the balance.

He made one error last night but i thought he looked solid after that.

Other players made errors and were mis-placing passes too but that hasn't been mentioned.

He's getting some unfair flak at the minute, but you have to remember he's covering the left back spot also and made two great tackles there in the second half.

He should've scored that header though.

Apart from the early brain fart, I thought he was excellent last night.

Honestly, I think Pep out thinks himself against certain opponents just like he does in certain big matches.

Last season Pep was clearly far too cognisant of Chelsea’s “threat”, with the FA Cup game and Champions League game prime examples. Tuchel (not even intentionally) got into Pep’s head and the story was already written.

Pep is obsessive by nature and it works to our benefit on the whole, but he can get carried away with those obsessions.

However yesterday was a prime example of Pep psyching himself out against Palace, just like earlier in the season, through fear of being hit on the counter with speed. Our players were far too cautious generally as if the “fear” of playing palace was struck into them. Same issue with Southampton - another team whose notional pace and counter attacking ability stifles our team (mentally) before we even step out onto the pitch. Spurs as well - need I say more? As someone said above, we have not scored against Palace this season. They aren’t a Simeone team, nor do they have prime Maldini, they just sit deep.

I just think we show these teams too much respect. At the end of the day, other teams play their natural game against them without holding back, and we just don’t. I accept these team play differently against us and set up to defend very deeply and hit us on the counter, which some say has us “worked out”, but I honestly believe we have “worked ourselves out” before we step onto that pitch

Risk vs Reward always a consideration, but just go out there and play aggressively and don’t let Crystal bloody Palace get into your heads

Yeah, cos we've struggled all season.

Top of the League and last 8 of the big Cups.
Where did I say we’ve struggled lol? it is a common fact that the squad is unbalanced and people are playing out of position because we have no striker.

Honestly, I think Pep out thinks himself against certain opponents just like he does in certain big matches.

Last season Pep was clearly far too cognisant of Chelsea’s “threat”, with the FA Cup game and Champions League game prime examples. Tuchel (not even intentionally) got into Pep’s head and the story was already written.

Pep is obsessive by nature and it works to our benefit on the whole, but he can get carried away with those obsessions.

However yesterday was a prime example of Pep psyching himself out against Palace, just like earlier in the season, through fear of being hit on the counter with speed. Our players were far too cautious generally as if the “fear” of playing palace was struck into them. Same issue with Southampton - another team whose notional pace and counter attacking ability stifles our team (mentally) before we even step out onto the pitch. Spurs as well - need I say more? As someone said above, we have not scored against Palace this season. They aren’t a Simeone team, nor do they have prime Maldini, they just sit deep.

I just think we show these teams too much respect. At the end of the day, other teams play their natural game against them without holding back, and we just don’t. I accept these team play differently against us and set up to defend very deeply and hit us on the counter, which some say has us “worked out”, but I honestly believe we have “worked ourselves out” before we step onto that pitch

Risk vs Reward always a consideration, but just go out there and play aggressively and don’t let Crystal bloody Palace get into your heads
He didn’t overthink, his game plan was pretty much spot on and let down only by some abysmal finishing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.