Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

What frustrates me most is that most of the points we drop are in games that we really should have won, based on performance in the matches. Based on squad quality, we should win every game but real life ain't like that. As we all know, what lets us down is finishing. Not just in terms of dropped points but simply not beating teams more easily. That also means we do not put as much fear in our opponents as would be the case if we had more genuine firepower.

Let's hope we can do enough to achieve some serious silverware this season and address the issue in the summer window.
I agree...if we had Sergio or Torres playing we'd have won that game.

Hopefully we will sign Haaland or a recognised striker, but what frustrates me about this Alvarez deal is thst if we knew he wasn't coming until the summer, at the earliest, why did we let Torres leave??

As for last night's game, we had some great chances and on another day would have won, but the longer it went the more frustrating everyone became.
Pep obviously didn't think Jesus or Sterling could have done any better than all the midfielders on the park and that's worrying...for them!

I’ve been a City fan my whole life.
My family (going back years too!), friends are all Blue.
I’m from Denton and have been to more games than I can remember.

But yeah, because I’m fuming we’ve let a big lead slip after missing 2 guilt edged chances I’m a scouser. Fuck off.
One of the things I loved about City -- and why I fell in love with the club in the dark days -- was the sardonic wit and black humo(u)r of the fans, the belief in "typical City", the self-deprecating songs.

Glad most of the "whole life" fans I know continue such behavio(u)rs, beliefs and traditions, success or no.

Obviously I know you aren't scouse, you fuckin' igloo, but no one would figure that from your ever-present moaning and wailing.

Last edited:
The thought of Salah running at Laporte after what I saw last night, deary me
He made one error last night but i thought he looked solid after that.

Other players made errors and were mis-placing passes too but that hasn't been mentioned.

He's getting some unfair flak at the minute, but you have to remember he's covering the left back spot also and made two great tackles there in the second half.

He should've scored that header though.

They've won 8 PL games on the bounce whereas we have dropped 7 points in 7 games.
Let me remind you. In the post that you took upon yourself to reply to(weird attitude btw). I said:
"anyone who's been paying attention to both teams these past few weeks,"
So how on earth do you work out there has been 8 Liverpool games in that time? A clear attempt to move the goalposts, if I ever saw one.

That was to say, Arsenal have been looking very good in recent weeks. Liverpool haven't been at their best. I even clarified further by specifically referring to Liverpool's last 3 games. You could go back even further to the League cup final, where I think they were second best and if not for the dodgy offside call, they would have lost that game too. Either way, I think that's arguing semantics, there was nothing wrong with my statement.

For what it's worth, up until the derby, we weren't at our best(by no means poor, just not at our best) but that's neither here nor there(nothing to do with the original comment).
You say they "should" have dropped points, but they didn't and we have.
That's completely irrelevant to the point I was making. We are not talking about points, we are talking about how well they are playing. Even a Liverpool fan on here conceded as much(been getting away with it recently), it could be that it's just a temporary dip, just as ours was but you are only as good as your last game.
Add to that, we should have dropped points at everton only for a poor VAR. decision
It was offside and there was no conclusive angle on the handball to begin with either. 3 different angles look to be hitting different places on his arm, showing how difficult it is to pinpoint exactly where the contact was. Performance wise, on the balance of the second half(first half wasn't great from either side), only one team deserved to take points home and it wasn't Everton.
If you genuinely think Liverpool are having a dip in form by winning every game and we are in good form by dropping points continuously you're deluded
As I've mentioned above and elsewhere, we've had a dip in form, we've also had a few isolated games were we were lucky to get the win(Arsenal funnily enough) before that also. So have Liverpool though, if anything, I'd say Liverpool have got away with their off form performances more than we have and yet... we are still ahead on points and will be even if they win their game in hand. The way you talk, we shouldn't be. Even last night, we totally dominated Crystal Palace, we created plenty of clear chances, as frustrated as I am about the result, I know it would be silly to say we were poor last night.

Lastly, Liverpool having a dip of form, is not mutually exclusive with us not being in amazing form, scoring for fun etc. I never even mentioned our form in the statement about Liverpool's form, so I don't even know why you're making that argument. It was about whether it's logical to expect them to steam roll Arsenal. Maybe they will after all, at their best they are capable of doing that but that doesn't mean they haven't been in a dip of form recently.

Really, I don't see why you're so insistent on shutting it down/triggered by it but there's really no point in discussing it further. Agree to disagree and move on.

Last edited:
Grealish wasn't the worst player on the pitch tonight, but he has been consistently shite all season. What a waste of money. I know some of you will say give him time, but how long? It's not as though he's come from abroad, he's an experienced PL player and is used to the pace of the PL. He needs to stop posing and literally pull his socks up!
You don't think he had a good game against the rags?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.