Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Maybe Jesus could have come on but he’s not exactly pulling up trees this season.
I like Jesus and Sterling, a lot actually, but I do find the idea of them coming on, changing the game, and scoring a half chance pretty funny. Even funnier given the stick, fair and unfair, they get on here for needing 3 sitters to score 1!

I think we need a firm kick up the arse and have needed it pretty much since the start of this calendar year. Yes we had the chances but I think we take a couple of them if we really wanted it. Been coasting for too long bar the odd performance. Hopefully words are said after that one and we get a grip

I'd be surprised, and very disappointed (at the very least), if we don't see a response from here

I actually think we tried very hard the whole game. Apart from a couple of loose passes and being caught in possession from walker laporte cancelo and rodri the effort was there.

The composure and finishing was terrible.

As disappointing as tonight was, calmed down a bit now and had a beer to chill

On reflection, after missing out on the striker we were desperate to get in the summer and watching Chelsea building up a big early lead in the title race.. I’m sure most of us would have taken being 4 points clear in mid March, with our only realistic challengers still to play us at the Etihad and them having the harder run in

They’d never have a Liverpool game with a full career United and Everton pundits, or Liverpool and City pundits for a United game. It’s not like they possess unique insight or communication skills.
Why oh why do we have to endure these two cunts, Carragher should be sacked, he is a horrible human being who abuses kids, to think he wasn’t sacked for spitting on that young girl is absolutely disgusting

We huffed and puffed but ultimately ran out of steam and ideas. Palace were resolute and carried a threat on the break. Shame to drop points but shit happens. No real standout performance from anyone but the same token no one was that bad. Maybe Jesus could have come on but he’s not exactly pulling up trees this season.

Only negative for me is the amount of fans around me with their mobile blowers outs recording everything.!I mean by all means do it in the pub and on the concourse but just seems a real waste of time and money filming it or taking selfies. Pointless being there.

High points were chatting to the gentleman that is John Stapleton on the train. Classy man and very friendly.

And also managed to not get robbed of my lesser seen kapppa cagoule circa 99. I decided to bring it out of retirement for one game a season and it never fails to get a bit of admiration from fellow city fans although I always feel that at some point I’m going to get jumped and taxed of it. Safely tucked away for next season now.

onwards to the weekend.
Zip up laser blue one - looks a bit like the home kit that season ?? I forgot I had one of those

Lots of weird criticism about the way we played, particularly second half. Don’t get that, we didn’t get a bit of luck, fine margins - Palace had a say in that! Viera did well. He changed things in the 2nd half, Gallagher moved further to the right and there was therefore less space on our left - we created havoc down that flank during a spell in the first half and until Kouyate killed the rhythm after he took a bullet to his shin.

Ederson, had nothing to do really 6/10

Walker, tried hard but often timed his runs incorrectly 5/10
Stones, pretty solid and probably MOTM 7/10
Laporte, covered well 7/10
Cancelo, unlucky to hit the post but spent most of the game overhitting crosses 5/10

Rodri, not awful but still worst game for a while, looked a yard off 5/10
Bernardo, those two sitters were criminal 5/10
De Bruyne, always creative and deserved a goal or assist to show for it 7/10

Grealish, created our two best openings 7/10
Foden, get him playing deeper please 6/10
Mahrez, probed without being too dangerous 6/10
Not far off with this sum up.

We huffed and puffed but ultimately ran out of steam and ideas. Palace were resolute and carried a threat on the break. Shame to drop points but shit happens. No real standout performance from anyone but the same token no one was that bad. Maybe Jesus could have come on but he’s not exactly pulling up trees this season.

Only negative for me is the amount of fans around me with their mobile blowers outs recording everything.!I mean by all means do it in the pub and on the concourse but just seems a real waste of time and money filming it or taking selfies. Pointless being there.

High points were chatting to the gentleman that is John Stapleton on the train. Classy man and very friendly.

And also managed to not get robbed of my lesser seen kapppa cagoule circa 99. I decided to bring it out of retirement for one game a season and it never fails to get a bit of admiration from fellow city fans although I always feel that at some point I’m going to get jumped and taxed of it. Safely tucked away for next season now.

onwards to the weekend.
This one https://images.app.goo.gl/t8ZyMXd1eM6PmBhq6017447F2-48FC-45B5-8DF1-6E106D3D1611.jpeg

Just frustrating that the dippers can get Diaz and he fits into their team immediately.

We drop £100m on a player and he's not exactly had a major impact. If anything it's pushed other players out of position.
Have we bought a player under Pep that has fitted immediately into the side? Dias hit the ground running other than that it seems to take a season or so to bed in with the likes of Cancelo, Rodri, Mahrez, Bernardo ect Hopefully it's the same with Grealish.
Who knows this time next year we could be talking about how Grealish is flourishing whilst Diaz is having a hard time of it. Funny old game football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.