Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Phil is irritating the shit out of me at the moment, looks like a guy who thinks he’s there, which was predicted.
Was poor tonight, but he just doesn't seem to have worked out how to play up front. Rather than a false 9, he seems to try and be a shit 9. He's not a forward, decent defenders will deal with him all day if he's just standing with them. Which is partly why it was infuriating he played there the full 90.

But would agree he's not been doing it lately and probably could do with a few games in the reserves, if it still existed. A good example was Southampton where he allowed Walker Peters to run and score without tracking him and it's not been the only game his work rate hasn't been what it should be. Forget the hype, forget the nights out with Grealish, get your head back down and put the effort in again.

From what I`ve seen and heard, Bluemoon isn`t a mirror into the soul of Manchester City fans. In fact I know more that either dont know it or if they do they never read it.
Thats reasurring, as this place is my only peek into the minds of multiple other blues these days, and as such is what my post refferred to.

Not a chance. We have given them an extra 10% of motivation tonight
Maybe but the pressure could get to them.

Might be 1 of those weeks where our point looks good or it's as you were if they draw.

Whatever they do we'll still be top so fuck em.

I like Jesus and Sterling, a lot actually, but I do find the idea of them coming on, changing the game, and scoring a half chance pretty funny. Even funnier given the stick, fair and unfair, they get on here for needing 3 sitters to score 1!
3 sitters to score 1 is just fan nonsense. A player may score only 1 in 4 chances but that doesn't mean its always the 4th one. If your having one of those nights where your players seem incapable of scoring maybe on the night the guys warming up might do better.

I think it's a standard thing to use subs if things aren't going for you. Unless you're having a pep moment.

I think we need a firm kick up the arse and have needed it pretty much since the start of this calendar year. Yes we had the chances but I think we take a couple of them if we really wanted it. Been coasting for too long bar the odd performance. Hopefully words are said after that one and we get a grip

I'd be surprised, and very disappointed (at the very least), if we don't see a response from here
At the time, that winter break felt needed, yet I don't think we've got going properly since. The occasional good performance against poorer teams (Sporting, rags) but have looked off the pace otherwise. I'm hoping the return of a game every few days is what we need, as we were brilliant through December

I actually think we tried very hard the whole game. Apart from a couple of loose passes and being caught in possession from walker laporte cancelo and rodri the effort was there.

The composure and finishing was terrible.
Yep. Not a lack of effort tonight really. And they played a really smart trap where they'd isolate Rodri and Laporte who were forced into mistakes, which then got under their skin and they started rushing passes in order to not get caught in the trap again. They were set up well, really tactically astute across both games. Ultimately, though, and unlike the first game, if we take one of our four or five great chances then we win the game because they didn't really test Ederson much. In another season before Pep and Klopp basically set new standards for the league you'd be saying a good point at a tough away ground....alas it's not another season!

You can't score less than zero. To say you wouldn't change anything even though we were poor in the final third is just plain odd.

I don’t think we were poor in the final third as such, I thought we were poor in our finishing. I thought it was more likely we would both create a chance and score from it with the players we had on, at least the majority of them, like I said, I’d have been tempted by Gundogan for Bernardo.

Its clearly not that odd as pep thought the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.