Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Strap in, it's going to go down to the wire, loads of stress until the end of the season .
I trust this group of players to come out on top
& I trust some of those posters on the matchday forum last night to wet themselves :-)

It more to do with there play and front three who will get far more time and space than we get.
I think it's more to do with them being instinctive finishers, Salah, Mane or Jota would have put at least two of our chances away last night.

"We didn't lose"

Fantastic attitude to have after dropping more points against a team in the bottom half of the table whilst we have opened the door for the fucking scousers.
All teams match up differently to each other. Palace are just one of those teams with one of those coaches who we’ve find difficult to beat this season.

It’s just one of those things. It’s why no team has ever achieved 114 points, it’s why one team has only ever achieved 100 points, it’s why the Prem is the best league in the world.

They might be bottom half but Palace are a better side than Sporting who we played in the Ro16 of the CL, and that’s supposed to be the premier competition in this sport.

It was always gonna go down to the final few games, but it is still in our hands, we are still on course for another incredible points haul for a season, and at least one of two possible cup final wins.

We could end up with nothing also

Whatever happens another season to be glad to be blue

I was hoping that people had calmed down after a night's sleep and realised that the title is still in our hands. Ah well.

Does that mean we can't point out that our manager who moans about not having 5 substitutions doesnt make big ones in a game needing something?

Hate to admit it, but we do look just as likely to blow having it in our hands as we do actually controlling it. Since January, when we won the league, the longest winning run we have managed, is two games in a row. We are so aloof about it, keep saying liverpool will drop points too, but they are yet to do so, and the momentum is currently very much in their favour, and the pressure is building on us, not on them. Once they are a point behind, coming to our place, it will really test what the guys, and Pep, are made of. Could do with Arsenal getting something, just to take the sting out if it.

This always felt a tricky fixture to me, i reckon that we have 3 more to come, west ham, wolves and of course liverpool.

I think it's more to do with them being instinctive finishers, Salah, Mane or Jota would have put at least two of our chances away last night.

Yeah think pep always says have an extra pass and it’s worked since he’s been here, it’s just sometime you want our players to just put the foot through it when in pen area.

People are obsessed with making subs for the sake of making subs. If anyone thought bringing on jesus and Sterling would make us more clinical they need to lay off the sauce.

The best players were on the pitch, it’s easy to see why he didn’t make a change.

There is no excuse for the absolute sitters that we missed and ultimately that’s cost us the game.
Our best players were on the pitch, but not necessarily in the right positions...

Nothing wrong with the intensity or mentality, looked to be one of those games as the chances came and went.

Said at the weekend it was a tough game and same will be said for Leeds, West Ham, Burnley and Wolves.

We are currently paying the price because of a shit first half at Southampton and a very late goal against Spurs, as we lost our margin for error.

It could yet be a very big point and still affords us the cushion of a draw at home to Liverpool, if we are to be perfect elsewhere.

My only gripe is the correlation between our dropped points this season coming against the same teams.

To lose 15 points to just Spurs, Palace and Southampton takes some swallowing.

I expect Liverpool to win at Arsenal but our team has been down this road before.
@longsight 13 posted about the dropped points against those three teams last night. When you see it written down like that it's odd that we have so few points against them. Last night was annoying because, as you say, we created the chances. Spurs irritated me immensely, plain daft to get back to level pegging then concede yet again so soon after. I hope you are right about Haaland, I feel we need a striker. Am sure I'll find something else to moan about after that though!

Reading these posts I think we've assumed the Dippers have won their next 10 matches

And people have been assuming they'd drop points since January. Yet it has been us dropping them, every third game like clockwork.

I'm not assuming they'll win the next 10 btw. Just not writing it off because we are an effective 1 point ahead. We still.need to win our games. And Pep still needs to look at the ones we fail to win and look at what needs done to avoid repearing it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.