Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

problem is we won't get 11 more scruffy wins. We are garbage once we get to the penalty box. Teams are just putting 10 men behind the ball and waiting for us to pass and pass and pass and then fuck up and get caught on the counter. Some teams with less ability can't wait to get to the wing near the area and cross it. We can't wait to get to the opposition wing near the box only to then pass it back and work an opening on the other wing then pass the ball all the way back to Ederson. We got away with it today with a silly penalty, apart from that we never looked like scoring.
I was thinking this just before we got the penalty. You should never rely on football to bring you joy but I'd given myself a Sat 5.30pm deadline to finish some work after not drinking all week, working and I was really looking forward to some entertainment. Then some time after half time I was thinking fuck me this is fucking dire, this is not entertainment. It' boring as fuck. Is this us or them? A bit of both I think.

There was a time when teams would defne like this against us with all their life because they didn't want to get dicked 6-0. Fair enough. But we'd absolutely bombard them, pelter their goal, run rings around their defence, pass, attack, cross it in, attack - we'd pass them into a frenzy but it was always attack.

By the 70th min or so they'd be worn out. Physically and mentally fatigued. They'd have fucking football pep passing PTSD and they'd give up. You can't cope with that sort of intent for 90 mins. The mind of a defender can't deal with that sort of relentless pressure to be 100 percent accurate for so long. Then we'd score, and probably score a few more.

But now and again we wouldn't. And now and again they'd sucker punch us. We seem wary of this now so we control with passing in a slightly different way. We have the same possession without the intent. We're safer but they aren't as mentally scared by it. It's much easier to cope with psychologically. They aren't as worn down. They can cope with us for 90 mins now and get the draw. Also, they're not as disheartened so they still have a bit of fire to go for that sucker punch in the last few mins.

I feel like we should go back to the relentless attack even in keeping with the obsession with possession. But keep a solid Mid Def and maybe rely on attack to attack rather than Def to help out. I think that's exactly what Haaland could give us this season which has been lacking and making us unable to attack without defence.

So we've just won another tough away game at Palace, and as per usual some on here seem determined to give the team no credit.
To read comments that "we were shit" and "we were garbage" is unfair to say the least.
This team has been the best in the Country for many years now, and it's not an easy thing keeping the high standard going year after year, as many other teams have found.
We deserved to win today and don't deserve to be slagged off for doing so.

I was thinking this just before we got the penalty. You should never rely on football to bring you joy but I'd given myself a Sat 5.30pm deadline to finish some work after not drinking all week, working and I was really looking forward to some entertainment. Then some time after half time I was thinking fuck me this is fucking dire, this is not entertainment. It' boring as fuck. Is this us or them? A bit of both I think.

There was a time when teams would defne like this against us with all their life because they didn't want to get dicked 6-0. Fair enough. But we'd absolutely bombard them, pelter their goal, run rings around their defence, pass, attack, cross it in, attack - we'd pass them into a frenzy but it was always attack.

By the 70th min or so they'd be worn out. Physically and mentally fatigued. They'd have fucking football pep passing PTSD and they'd give up. You can't cope with that sort of intent for 90 mins. The mind of a defender can't deal with that sort of relentless pressure to be 100 percent accurate for so long. Then we'd score, and probably score a few more.

But now and again we wouldn't. And now and again they'd sucker punch us. We seem wary of this now so we control with passing in a slightly different way. We have the same possession without the intent. We're safer but they aren't as mentally scared by it. It's much easier to cope with psychologically. They aren't as worn down. They can cope with us for 90 mins now and get the draw. Also, they're not as disheartened so they still have a bit of fire to go for that sucker punch in the last few mins.

I feel like we should go back to the relentless attack even in keeping with the obsession with possession. But keep a solid Mid Def and maybe rely on attack to attack rather than Def to help out. I think that's exactly what Haaland could give us this season which has been lacking and making us unable to attack without defence.
I think it's more that, after 6 years, teams have learned to be comfortable letting us play in the final 3rd, whilst the pack it out and close off all the 'standard' City passing routes. Teams have had years to learn, and even to use the same tactics themselves; the league has adapted somewhat to peps tactics, and he has had to respond in kind. I doubt we'll see the domination you describe again, because pep has been so effective at changing the game!

Wow what a massive win that was for us!

Alavrez made a huge difference when he came on, His pressing and his urgency, We look a better side when Alvarez plays off Haaland.
I thought Grealish was excellent again today.

As for Palace, I'd genuinely love them to go down. Anti football, Barely any football gets played when they are involved. Throw ins, Goal kicks ect
It's an absolute joke.
Agree completely but then we take 2 minutes to take a free kick!

The fucking useless referees allow this shite!

Fucking disgrace the money fans pay to watch a professional game of football and the wages players earn to basically waste a quarter of game time just pissing about!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.