Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

It's late ... I'm drunk ... and I haven't scrolled through the comments. So apologies if I'm repeating what has already been said.

Starting the game with four CB's and two DM's is always going to end with a low scoring game. It kept Palace to virtually no chances but at risk of failing to score ourselves. Ideally one of the first half chances goes in and eases the tension.

Ultimately we got three points from a fixture that we're all glad to get out of the way. That's 100% the only thing that matters.

Big shout out to Grealish and Foden. They get no attacking support from overlapping fullbacks and pretty much have to create chances on their own. Ake at LB is a top defender and I also get why Pep wants the RB to move inside to cover midfield. But it all puts massive pressure on the wingers. Phil in particular was crap for the first 25 and deserves real credit for playing his way back into the game. Very mature effort in that respect.

I'm assuming there's been comments that something is still "missing". I get that. I don't believe a Pep side from 3-4 years ago would ever have played 6 defensive players against Palace. I'm guessing he's going for a more pragmatic approach with a belief that at some point in the game Haaland or Somebody will provide that one match-winning moment.

Dare I say this might be a tactic designed more for Champions League wins?

Come on Fulham!

problem is we won't get 11 more scruffy wins. We are garbage once we get to the penalty box. Teams are just putting 10 men behind the ball and waiting for us to pass and pass and pass and then fuck up and get caught on the counter. Some teams with less ability can't wait to get to the wing near the area and cross it. We can't wait to get to the opposition wing near the box only to then pass it back and work an opening on the other wing then pass the ball all the way back to Ederson. We got away with it today with a silly penalty, apart from that we never looked like scoring.
Just got back, disagree with every single word of your moronic post

Should have been out of sight by half-time and it was only poor finishing (and good goalkeeping) that stopped us from running away with it. Then we got the penalty and kept it relatively tight thereafter to hold on for the win. Nothing much to write home about, not much to report either, just a win we had to grind out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.