Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Interestingly we moved players inside, notably by taking Phil off, and used Jack a lot less in the second half, to have a numerical advantage and, then our penalty came from taking advantage of Palace's weakness on the edge of the area.
Which goes back to the point @Saddleworth2 was making about recent games being a right drag. This is merely because opposition teams are packing deep central areas to crowd out Haaland, therefore making many of our games a grind to watch.

As others have said, up until Olise's brain-fart, & in spite of our dominance, we were struggling for a goal. Palace's misfortune became our fortune & Haaland's penalty wrapped up the 3 points.

We've seen similar matches to this almost go the other way, with Forest & Leipsig springing to mind.

because we won 1-0 everyone is ok with that display. That performance explains why the likes of Nottingham forest escaped with a point.
Mate, there were two teams playing. At least we attempted to do our bit. Palace changed formation & only started playing in the final 10-15 minutes.

That's when the game sparked into life as a contest which wasn't our fault. Sometimes you've gotta stop picking fault with City & consider the effect opposition tactics are having on the game...

I personally thought it was (another) brilliant away end last night.. huge win too! Awooo

One thing that never looks like improving is our corners, I honestly don't understand how difficult it can be to cross a ball in with nobody around you at a decent height and try and find one of your own players
Ours either hit the first defender or are hit that high they clear everyone. Yesterday's were as bad as I've ever seen
I wonder if their narrow pitch plays into that a bit

Ever watched a boxing match where 1 boxer does nothing but defend with his gloves up, whilst the other boxing keeps on attacking and searching for the knockout punch? That's what City have to face and are doing at almost every away ground and at the Etihad, bar the odd match.

without that penalty we would still be playing today trying to score from open play. We are just not as good at putting the cannon fodder to bed this year. We need to start being more ruthless and stop playing the easy pass backwards most of the time. I'm sure Pep tells them this. Why do we work a position that effectively a corner only for the winger to turn inside and pass back into midfield, over and over again, its passing for passing sake.
You seem the sort of fan that's very hard to please.
Maybe you should attach yourself to another club that you can guarantee will play brilliantly every week.
Trouble is there isn't one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.