Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Agreed mate and I personally think if that shot Jack tool in the first few minutes had gone in we would have gone on to score a couple more in the first half? All in all though a much better performance than some are making it out to be
It was a hard watch at times but as you say, terrible weather, away at a tough out, but we still got a win. My concern is that our run in is going to be tougher than the arse.
Many of the teams that we have yet to play are scrapping for something, and won't be the pushovers that they were for them, eg. Fulham today for them. We'll see, there's still over a quarter of the season to go.
Keep the faith blues.

You seem the sort of fan that's very hard to please.
Maybe you should attach yourself to another club that you can guarantee will play brilliantly every week.
Trouble is there isn't one.
Listen, I'm no happy clapper I'm a fan who was on the Kippax in the 1970's. I have seen city play some shit over the years. I just don't get this creating an opening on the wing only for players to turn inside instead of getting a cross in. We have Haaland in the box these days give the lad some fucking service. Quick and instinctive service.

Eh??

In the first half Rodri had a shot well saved, Grealish should've done better with his shot that went wide & Haaland missed a sitter!
In the second half Haaland put a header over the bar & Alvarez should've done a lot better when he shot over the bar.
So in the game i watched we scored one and had five decent chances & as i can't remember Ederson having a shot to save, i'd hardly say we got away with it at all.
Not a single shot on or off target for them. There's some seriously weird posters on here.

Mate, there were two teams playing. At least we attempted to do our bit. Palace changed formation & only started playing in the final 10-15 minutes.

That's when the game sparked into life as a contest which wasn't our fault. Sometimes you've gotta stop picking fault with City & consider the effect opposition tactics are having on the game...
are you suggesting putting 10 men behind the ball started this season?. The team that wins the league is the team that has the ability to beat the cannon fodder on a consistent basis. Over the last 5 years we have been very good at beating the spoilers. This year we are struggling to put the average teams to the sword. That's all I'm saying.

are you suggesting putting 10 men behind the ball started this season?. The team that wins the league is the team that has the ability to beat the cannon fodder on a consistent basis. Over the last 5 years we have been very good at beating the spoilers. This year we are struggling to put the average teams to the sword. That's all I'm saying.
Which suggests two things...

1. City are a team in transition

2. The EPL "Cannon Fodder" are getting better season after season

It's been a while since we've had a No 9 which had its advantages & disadvantages. Now we've got a monster No 9, the "Cannon Fodder" have quickly worked out how to cause us problems which they rarely did over the last 3 seasons.

They're not expected to get anything from playing us, so they'll view a point or a surprise win against us as a bonus.

This is why the lower league teams couldn't care less if matches against City are a spectacle or not. For them a game plan against City is to avoid a spanking & do all they can to grab a point, which makes for very pragmatic games.

Example:
City inflicted Moureen's first dropped points & loss in English football. Aside from our penalty goal, all we did was defend desperately for 89 minutes.

Did I care? Did I fuck. We'd beaten Chelsea's multi-million pound squad fair & square, but was Moureen happy? Was he fuck.

All he did was complain about City's anti-football tactics, the same way that we complain when the "Cannon Fodder" do it to us, but what else could we do? Play them & get mullered?

To the lower league teams, we're not their direct competition, we're merely the team they try not to lose to & to gain an unexpected point or three from, like Brentford & Forest.

These games happen, & quite frankly I don't know what else we can do differently at this moment in time. We attacked with everything we had & Palace defended for their lives.

With players leaving & coming in the summer, next season will provide our next big chance to change things...

Last edited:
Which suggests two things...

1. City are a team in transition

2. The EPL "Cannon Fodder" are getting better season after season

It's been a while since we've had a No 9 which had its advantages & disadvantages. Now we've got a monster No 9, the "Cannon Fodder" have quickly worked out how to cause us problems which they rarely did over the last 3 seasons.

They're not expected to get anything from playing us, so they'll view a point or a surprise win against us as a bonus.

This is why the lower league teams couldn't care less if matches against City are a spectacle or not. For them a game plan against City is to avoid a spanking & do all they can to grab a point, which makes for very pragmatic games.

Example:
City inflicted Moureen's first dropped points & loss in English football. Aside from our penalty goal, all we did was defend desperately for 89 minutes.

Did I care? Did I fuck. We'd beaten Chelsea's multi-million pound squad fair & square, but was Moureen happy? Was he fuck.

All he did was complain about City's anti-football tactics, the same way that we complain when the "Cannon Fodder" do it to us, but what else could we do? Play them & get mullered?

To the lower league teams, we're not their direct competition, we're merely the team they try not to lose to & to gain an unexpected point or three from, like Brentford & Forest.

These games happen, & quite frankly I don't know what else we can do differently at this moment in time. We attacked with everything we had & Palace defended for their lives.

With players leaving & coming in the summer, next season will provide our next big chance to change things...
Forest try not to lose against all the top teams, just they don't usually have much luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.