Crystal Palace (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with much of that. I dont think there'll be anything to get angry about because Pep will definitely rotate to rest players but I'm guessing it wont be the same side v Leeds. A more cohesive unit needed for Saturday ,defensively at least .
Agree. The problem in the Leeds match was Mendy was woeful Ake playing his first game in months was unable to cover for him and Stones spent too much time charging forward into attack. A far from cohesive defensive unit as you suggest. Get a solid back four and we can play Ferno and any other five that did not play on Wedneday and we can get a result.

Get the league done but with an eye on Tuesday. If we did lose to Palace United could close the gap to 4 points before we play Chelsea at home (I know I know)

Not a flapping post but just can't see Pep going with any of the youngsters etc as seen in some of the teams on here.

Agree. The problem in the Leeds match was Mendy was woeful Ake playing his first game in months was unable to cover for him and Stones spent too much time charging forward into attack. A far from cohesive defensive unit as you suggest. Get a solid back four and we can play Ferno and any other five that did not play on Wedneday and we can get a result.
Father Paul. You say problem. We had multiple attempts on goal and Leeds a handful of chances. They rode their luck and defended brilliantly. 7 times out of 10 we would have won that game and 9 times out of 10 we would have earned at least a draw. Given our history in the Chumps Lge I want Pep to ensure that we are in the best shape possible to finish the job with PSG next week. If that means some weaknesses in the team so be it.

GK - Ederson
RCB - Garcia
CB - Laporte
LCB - Ake
RWB - Sterling
CM - Fernandinho
CM - Zinchenko
LWB - Mendy
RW - Torres
LW - G. Jesus
ST - Aguero

Anything else and we're risking the Champions League in my opinion, PSG are still in a fight to win Ligue 1, they will have to play their starters.

I can stomach 5 at the back for the right reasons and there's still enough endeavor in there to make a game of it.

Maybe even have young Doyle, Delap, Bernabe, Palmer etc on the bench that's more far fetched than the starting 11 granted but the point stands

Only problem with starting a weakened side is it usually ends up throwing on the likes of Gundoghan and Bernardo anyway, to try and rescue the game
But then only one or two of them play for 20 or 30 minutes max. That's the gamble worth taking - hopefully we don't need them in the first place, but even if we do it's not for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.