Crystal Palace (Away) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely a match, like Leicester and Spurs in November you think there is the possibility of a slip up.

Still giving Sane a rest and hopefully Silva back in the fold should strengthen us significantly.

Its usually a tightly fought affair (well last season was) so would take a 1-0 and then use the upcoming weeks to rotate a little more and hopefully get Jesus and Aguero firing again.

Yes, Sane getting a day off is a very good thing.

My main question for the next period, is the obvious lack of match fitness of KDB & whether he can get back to full fitness whilst playing, or needs a break in order to do it. The football brain & passing is still there but he is finding the running about hard work & we are half a yard slower to the 2nd balls with him & Gundogan in there.

That, allied to Aguero missing almost every opportunity up front, is blunting our attacking threat somewhat & we will surely get found out if we continue to play at 60% in both areas.

Yes, Sane getting a day off is a very good thing.

My main question for the next period, is the obvious lack of match fitness of KDB & whether he can get back to full fitness whilst playing, or needs a break in order to do it. The football brain & passing is still there but he is finding the running about hard work & we are half a yard slower to the 2nd balls with him & Gundogan in there.

That, allied to Aguero missing almost every opportunity up front, is blunting our attacking threat somewhat & we will surely get found out if we continue to play at 60% in both areas.

There was a massive dip second half in KDBs performance and it was noticeable more spaced opened up centrally and we kept losing posession when a possible counter was possible. Hopefully its more due to the illness and as he naturally puts the weight back on he will stronger for it.

If not I would rest him for the Watford match and then bring him back for Burnley and Bristol in the cup which are huge games. As nice as the record in the league is were 9 games from a domestic treble. We need to really to focus heavily on the cups now and give them parity with league matches.

Still giving Sane a rest

Not sure he needs any rest. Not seen him put a shift in for weeks. He is supposed to be the fastest player in the league but he regularly gives up on balls other City players would not give up on until they have crossed the line. If Alexis arrives Sane will be the one to end up second choice on the left and he only has himself to blame.

Not sure he needs any rest. Not seen him put a shift in for weeks. He is supposed to be the fastest player in the league but he regularly gives up on balls other City players would not give up on until they have crossed the line. If Alexis arrives Sane will be the one to end up second choice on the left and he only has himself to blame.

I thought he was pretty poor against Bournemouth and whether that was due to fatigue or loss of form a rest should hopefully do him some good, even if it only highlights he has to play well to keep his place.

The kid has already done more running at City than Ronaldo did in his whole career at Utd, & a slight drop in standard at the age of 21, isn't uncommon.

If he 'ends up' 2nd choice for any length of time, with only himself to blame, I'm sure he will be able to console himself with a regular spot playing for Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, or Barca.

--------------------Ederson---------------------

Danilo........Otamendi-----Mangala------Delph

----------------------Yaya---------------------------- (Fernan needs a breather, Yaya has to step up)

------------Gundo------------D. Silva---------------

B. Silva------------Jesus-------------------Sane.

Subs: Bravo, Walker, Tosin, , Fernan, KDB, Sterling, Aguero

Not an ideal time for this game but will go for a 1-2 win for us.

I haven’t been keen on this fixture for a few weeks now. Palace looked decent at the etihad before we got the first goal which killed them, they’ve been on a good run lately too. Still think we’ll win, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we came away with a draw.

The kid has already done more running at City than Ronaldo did in his whole career at Utd, & a slight drop in standard at the age of 21, isn't uncommon.

If he 'ends up' 2nd choice for any length of time, with only himself to blame, I'm sure he will be able to console himself with a regular spot playing for Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, or Barca.

In his dreams perhaps. It's not a case of standard or quality its effort and he is not putting it in and comparing Ronaldo with Sane says everything about your post.

Ederson

Danilo
Otamendi
Mangala
Delph

Fernandinho
D.Silva
Gundogan

Sterling
Jesus
Sane

De Bruyne, Kun, Walker all need a rest. Danilo deserves a start in his preferred position. Hopefully Delph and Silva will be back as they are desperately needed.

Palace play a derby with Arsenal today which is an advantage for us. They also play Southampton right after our game who are winless in SEVEN. Surely they will rest an important player or two against us and will focus on the Soton match instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.