Crystal Palace (H) Post Match Thread

The first one, I'll give you, but a one in a thousand worldy and a penalty aren't exactly signs that teams can score against us at will.

But the way we defend! I always think that we have a solidity at the back but too many niggles at the back of my mind that we are gonna concede with every oppo attack! But if the emphasis is on attack bodies are upfield when there is a counter and we are a little threadbare. Palace probably had more luck in Saturday's game than they've might have had in the last ten. How many shots did we have that were blocked? How many hit a defender's heel and screwed into goal? When is Townsend gonna replicate that goal, and Schlupp his? The way we play is vulnerable if our attacks bear little fruit!

But the way we defend! I always think that we have a solidity at the back but too many niggles at the back of my mind that we are gonna concede with every oppo attack! But if the emphasis is on attack bodies are upfield when there is a counter and we are a little threadbare. Palace probably had more luck in Saturday's game than they've might have had in the last ten. How many shots did we have that were blocked? How many hit a defender's heel and screwed into goal? When is Townsend gonna replicate that goal, and Schlupp his? The way we play is vulnerable if our attacks bear little fruit!
True we are not defending well and it is backed up by the fact we have been conceeding in all games, not just vs Palace.
For me, the defensive unit has seen lots of “rotation”, never a good thing, but seems to have lost form without the midfield players > David, Kev, Dino.
Earlier in the season Mendy and Walker were bombing forward, now the defence seems static.
Injuries before and during the game probably cost us at Chelsea, but the Palace fiasco was simply down to bad performances from a number of players.

Ive just watched Sergio's goals on Sky and twice I hear "Where would Manchester City be without Aguero's goals?" They'd be exactly where any team would be without the goals of their leading goal scorer. And now Pep is on talking to the failed manager Gary Nutter who poses the idea that the season before last Guardiola was building his team round Silva, de Bruyne and Aguero. Funny how those three are just coming back from lay offs!

Really annoys me how the shots to goals ratio against us is so high at one one end and so low at the other. If we had the luck teams had against us, I swear we'd score 8 goals a game. It's ludicrous.

That's just wishful thinking. There is no evidence that he can read a game as a top DM does or be capable of beating a man. In fact against Palace he was making the same errors and losing the ball that Kompany made when he was tried as a DM. And there were many on here said the same as you that Kompany would become a great DM. Far better to get a good DM than make the mistake of playing players out of position

Agreed, some say it's wishful thinking. What type of thinking are you applying? There were many who said Stonsey (& indeed Pep) should stop playing out from the back rather than to continue, and do it better, imo this is a similar situation. I, and the "...many on here..." are in the continue and improve camp, you're clearly not. Let's hope we end up being right and you, along with the other whiners, are wrong for the second time. Stones will be immense!

Agreed, some say it's wishful thinking. What type of thinking are you applying? There were many who said Stonsey (& indeed Pep) should stop playing out from the back rather than to continue, and do it better, imo this is a similar situation. I, and the "...many on here..." are in the continue and improve camp, you're clearly not. Let's hope we end up being right and you, along with the other whiners, are wrong for the second time. Stones will be immense!
You've got a fkin cheek calling me a whiner for saying Stones is not a DM!! There is a difference from playing the ball out from the back as a CB would do and carrying it forward as a DM would do until they see an opening for a pass. You obviously don't recognise the difference, so end of conversation as I have better ways of wasteing my time than on you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.