Crystal Palace (H) - Post-Match Thread

Any striker will still struggle to score when team have 9 players in the penalty area they cut off all shots blocks the lot!

I freeze framed the game when Grealish had the ball in there penalty area they had 3 on him blocking all angles then the other 6 were blocking all other angles! Teams set up that way against us all the time!
A very good point. Victims of our own success at times as teams are naturally more open against teams they think they’ve a better chance against.

To break that block we need everyone on top of their game - de bruyne isn’t at the moment and we missed a creative conductor in the middle, someone with vision. We also know silva doesn’t play as well when along side Kev in the middle too. Seems like the time to play grealish inside more - or Gundo and Bernie. Front 3 of foden Sterling and Jesus.

could’ve been worse though if Liverpool had won, shows what a good performance we had against Brighton. Chelsea have just played the two worst teams in the league - let’s see what they’re like when they have to factor in latter stages of carabao and their club World Cup matches

Outplayed 11 v 11, and only marginally better 2nd half. Vieira did a great job exploiting our lack of pace in behind.

We need an explosive striker and a couple of pacy wingers. Until we sign them, like it or not, Sterling has to play games like this and stretch the opposition.

Grealish is reminding me of Bernardo's first season, playing almost exclusively out wide and doing okay, but nothing special.

Laporte nearly got sent off against Burnley the other week, he's been poor. Kyle and Joao are in desperate need of a proper rest.

Exactly too many people are over reacting to a piss poor performance. Sometimes you need to sit back and reflect. We can still regroup but a win next Saturday is essential and won't be as easy to get as some think However,. I think the last couple of games will have finally silenced those who think it was not a mistake to get a decent goal scorer in the summer. We are stuck with this now sadly and it is up to the manager to adjust the false nine system a bit and try to gain an advantage again. While their are some ominous signs I still believe we can have a successful season but the margin for error is thin now and I fear if a big gap opens up we will not be able to close it.
We must have sone young strikers in the reserves apart from delap . give them a go .

You know it was a frustrating game when even @Eccles Blue is throwing out insults towards the opposition
You might have all been ashamed of me as I threatened to leave when VAR overturned our goal! It was only the lady behind me who said no, don’t do that that made me come to my senses!
You will all be ashamed of me that I told the ref and the linesman that they must have had a good brown envelope today!

Our lads didn’t deserve that. I’m sorry but even nearly an hour later I am still steaming mad. :-(

Madness to give a Injury prone player a near 400k a week contract for 5 years. Have another yaya on our hands in the next 2 years
I have to say I agree with that.

Loyalty is one thing but stupidity comes to mind with that deal.

When and where was KDB ever going to leave us? he was already on 300k a week and had multi years left.

Guess you were there at negotiations and know what we tried.
there's not only Kane on the market, we could afford 100 million on a midfielder we didn't really need. But in reality we needed a forward desperately. The CL final and CS showed you that.

Think Patrick viera is shaping up to be a a very good manager and I like the look of Conor Gallagher for them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.