Crystal Palace (H) - Post-Match Thread

Chelsea 5 points and 9 GD ahead. And that is despite us beating them. 20 points out of 30 isn't title challenging form.

It’s not that much of a surprise. Slight dip on last season when 75 points would have won us the league. A huge drop on the seasons before. Winning the league without a forward most of last season has encouraged complacency at board level. A £100m luxury signing we didn’t need when we were 10-15 points off the standards we’d set.

Our middle aged golfer is KDB in his present condition.

WTF is wrong with him, get the guy on holiday, hospital , whatever is needed, he is badly broken.
He is a concern I said so in the week. Didn't see it today I'm stuck in work so can't say who was bad and who was good.

So? We beat them easily with Lukaku. They have lost against a poor Juventus, and they’ve been struggling to open the score against some subpar teams. We only need 1 draw, and then we depend on ourselves
Beating the teams away from the top 6 is what wins you the league. Thats what let Chelsea down last season and it is looking like we will struggle with that problem this season. Not signing a striker was just baffling we all saw it

games like this really make me ask the question did we need Grealish so much?
he really isnt the guy who will have high numbers of goals end of season neither assists given there is very bad finishers in the team only apart from Foden who is also more on creator side.

Sterling is completely shot but he was delivering some goals at least, 10 in PL last season which was a bad season (and much more in previous years playing from left of front three )for him. Grealish in a good season wont match that imo.

getting Grealish without a top finisher does not make us stronger but I also fail to see the improved level of our chances (or the quality of them) created due to Grealish. he was class is a shit mediocre Villa for about 12-18 months but can he raise city's level to new heights as D. Silva did once or KDB did once? i fail to see that.
he doesnt look particular goal threat, and less of a cretor vs packed defences. if he had more space like at Villa he could leave his mark on games more but teams wont do that favour to City to leave us lot of space why would they...

yet to bed in properly I know, but I think we need much more from him and whoever plays o the right side too, because apart from some good early form from Jesus finding out he likes winger position more than striker one he aint doing too much either.

I would want at least one of the wide players in our front three be a Robben, Salah, Hazard (not the current fat one) etc type who can get 15-20 goals easily. Sterling had that in him despite his technique is just so mediocre but went off the radar totally and imo no way back for him at City.
but Jesus, Grealish is not this category imo.

Shite, but it's particularly galling how much time the opposition keepers can waste in these type of games (which happens far too often).

Win needed at the swamp

We have these type of games virtually every season. We ain't going to be at 100% all season ,every game. Fuck me I'm pissed off to loose but we are still in a good position. No team will run away with it. . It was only a few weeks ago we played dippers and Chelsea off the park. It's a hard league and shit happens. . Dippers lost points today and spurs need to fuck them wankers over. Fuck ole

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.