Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Very important win - it's amazing how much better we looked when we had balance through the team and a bit of pace.

Haaland is unbelievable, his third goal was just incredible, the way he held off Ward and finished wow - a great pass from Gundo to boot.

I'm ready for the grief I will get when I say this - It is clear that at the moment we are a much better unit when Mahrez doesn't play from the start. As soon as Bernardo moved over to the right I knew we were going to win. He did something that was missing - played with his head up and a first thought of committing the defender. His dribbling skills are just like his namesake which is the biggest compliment I can give him. So glad he's staying for another year at least. Mahrez didn't look happy coming off but fact is he slows us down & at present doesn't find the final pass. I also think it's not great when he wants to take every set piece. In fairness I'm sure he will get games and do some wonderful things this year because he is very talented but as it stands, for me, he's not in our first 11.

Alvarez like Bernardo gave us energy and it was noticeable that once we made the change Phil and Erling stepped up a gear. The constant movement the two wide guys gave us also helped the defence and Kyle, Ruben and John looked much better especially having Gundo available for a short pass - I think at the moment our first 11 must include Gundo - he's a Rolls Royce of a midfielder and makes others look better. Impressed also with Sergio's cameo - looks promising.

Onto the next one but as you could see from Pep's reaction to his players that was a vital win.

OMG following City is dangerous for your health (thank gods I've learned that and relaxed at half time even though I wasn't happy).

Major difference between last year and this year:
Jesus & Sterling vs Haaland & Alvarez

We didn't win that game last year!

And Foden's cameo at left back was amazing and nice assist too!

Haaland, "Phil finally passed me the ball!" ROFL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.