Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Brilliant experience again.

Some of you Match forum day guys need to finally realise we are playing good experienced Premier League teams.

It seems to me you don't get get much enjoyment from our football, don't know why you bother.
The match day forum is the worst, if we aren’t 4-0 up in the opening 10 minutes,we’re shite and Pep is clueless

Listened to Gary James I think it was explaining how “ city city the best team in the land and all the world “ was first sung in mid 70s after the Viking had been shown on TV and that is the theme music

It’s completely our song so maybe fitting to put some Haaland words to it

Deliberately stayed away from the match day thread, can't be assed reading that shit while trying to watch the game anymore, it's not worth it.

Thought bar the first 20 minutes when they scored off two set pieces we bossed the game. They set up the way they always do against us, got a two goal lead and it was on us to respond. And respond we did.

Erling will get all the deserved plaudits for his hat trick and they are well deserved but I thought Bernardo turned the game. Can we shut the transfer thread regarding him as it's obvious he's going nowhere. He was motm for me. Amazing player we all knew it, but the way he performs with all that swirling around is a sight to behold.

Haaland isn't human. His instincts can't be taught, he knows where to be, how to get there and he's always there. The third goal of his is something unbelievable to see. His pace, timing of a run & strength is something I've never seen since R9 pre knee injuries and fit in the 98 WC.

Alvarez showed plenty in his cameo, am dying to see him & Haaland start together, think they'll destroy teams. Alvarez is special can see it everytime he's on the pitch.

Massive three points against a bogey side of ours. Happy to have 10/12 and we aren't anywhere near it yet.

Dippers will be pissed off
9-0 and still same GD
Bournemouth are everyone’s whipping boys so don’t read too much into it.
Bernie = fucking magnificent
Haaland = that’s why we paid the money (Razza can’t score 1 on 1 but EDH scores with 2 around him)

And believe it or not, at 3-1 against the Geordies I said to my mates in the Spanish man cave it has 3-3 written all over it

At HT 0-2 today I said 4-2, if only I was a betting man

Very important win - it's amazing how much better we looked when we had balance through the team and a bit of pace.

Haaland is unbelievable, his third goal was just incredible, the way he held off Ward and finished wow - a great pass from Gundo to boot.

I'm ready for the grief I will get when I say this - It is clear that at the moment we are a much better unit when Mahrez doesn't play from the start. As soon as Bernardo moved over to the right I knew we were going to win. He did something that was missing - played with his head up and a first thought of committing the defender. His dribbling skills are just like his namesake which is the biggest compliment I can give him. So glad he's staying for another year at least. Mahrez didn't look happy coming off but fact is he slows us down & at present doesn't find the final pass. I also think it's not great when he wants to take every set piece. In fairness I'm sure he will get games and do some wonderful things this year because he is very talented but as it stands, for me, he's not in our first 11.

Alvarez like Bernardo gave us energy and it was noticeable that once we made the change Phil and Erling stepped up a gear. The constant movement the two wide guys gave us also helped the defence and Kyle, Ruben and John looked much better especially having Gundo available for a short pass - I think at the moment our first 11 must include Gundo - he's a Rolls Royce of a midfielder and makes others look better. Impressed also with Sergio's cameo - looks promising.

Onto the next one but as you could see from Pep's reaction to his players that was a vital win.
Really impressed with the bits I've seen of Alvarez, could be a good option for that left side when Phil needs a rest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.