Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

I never look at the match day thread but I did wonder at half time how depressing it was?

We weren't great in the first half but the score line was freakish. Palace fluked an opening goal but for both their goals the problem for me was the unnecessary conceding of a freekick and a corner. I had a bad feeling before both were taken. I never felt though like we would lose and thankfully City gave a totally dominant second half performance.

I don't want them to have to make a habit of being comeback kings but what a nice addition to the armoury it is. Of course the key addition to the armoury is Alfie's lad.

I don’t need decimals or numbers to tell me how players have done. And, despite it being an age old aphorism, the only statistic of any value is the result. The league table never lies. And it never ever asks how well a particular player did. Ever. “It’s a results business.”
No, but do you have any thoughts on players from other teams and who might be a good fit for us?

It‘s a bit hard if you only look at results. Do you ignore Haaland’s hat trick too? That’s just something that contributed to the result, after all.

No, but do you have any thoughts on players from other teams and who might be a good fit for us?

It‘s a bit hard if you only look at results. Do you ignore Haaland’s hat trick too? That’s just something that contributed to the result, after all.
Of course, I’ll look back on every match and think who played well etc, including the opposition. Just won’t be bothering with scores out of ten or any other numerical bollocks! (Sergio gets eleven).

Of course, I’ll look back on every match and think who played well etc, including the opposition. Just won’t be bothering with scores out of ten or any other numerical bollocks! (Sergio gets eleven).
Which is fine.

Stats like XG are used by fans to discuss football using a shared metric, rather than your own subjective system.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.