Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Of course, I’ll look back on every match and think who played well etc, including the opposition. Just won’t be bothering with scores out of ten or any other numerical bollocks! (Sergio gets eleven).
I think the point you missed originally, is that the main purpose of the expected goals stat was for betting. IF you're not interested in betting it won't interest you, but it doesn't make it irrelevant.

Job done.
I hope Pep sees the error of setting up the way we did in the first half. That will only work against certain teams.
2nd half was a different story.
My highlight was the short curling cross from Foden to Haaland to score. I saw it on my phone and had to 2nd look at it to make sure it was Phil Foden and not Grealish. Seems he is a smart boy who is constantly learning and watching - also now listening. He looked so pleased when Haaland scored it was great to see and has hopefully hammered home Pep's message to play in that big blonde bloke - the one who makes Thor in the Marvel films look like Pee Wee Herman!

Anyone using stats and specificaly preďictive stats are morons.

You cannot predict any live sport and people who follow or think it's true are morons

In
That's a daft comment. Predictions are about what you think will happen. It doesn't necessarily mean they will be right.

Job done.
I hope Pep sees the error of setting up the way we did in the first half. That will only work against certain teams.
Why does everybody think they're a better tactician than Pep? If you're accepting it will work against certain teams then you have to accept that you won't know which those teams are until you've tried it.

Tough on them but their second shouldn't have stood as Cancelo got elbowed in the head before the corner, so what goes around, comes around!
True, since when can you smash someone smack in the middle of the face with a forearm shiver and it not be a foul? Intent is irrelevant and takes a back seat to the actual blow to the face.

That was no "disallowed" goal. The ref blew the infraction straight away. You can't stick a foot into the keeper's hand as he's trying to release a ball. Every fucking quasi incident gets scrutinized to no end when City are involved. That was a routine call. Nothing to talk about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.