Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Thought we looked a lot better when Cancelo went off. He wasn’t really getting involved much offensively or defensively and most of his passes were off the cuff balls to Foden he had to try and make something of.

Probably so, but against most teams in the Prem it would literally cave them in. Palace are a fair side and well disciplined defensively and we simply ran them over in the 2nd half. I thoroughly enjoyed it, I won't lie.
Yeah, ultimately the second half dwarfs the first half failings, but doesn’t mask them completely. If we played like that against a top side, we may have been further behind, although they only had about 3 attacks on our goal…

We’re still figuring out the collective team press. If we can suss it with Haaland in the side, we can literally win every game we play if we play to our potential.

That "infringing the goalkeeper" isn't the wording in the laws.
No, I didn't bother consulting the rule book for the exact phrase but the point remains the same.

My post was replying to someone about winning the quadruple…
As you didn’t quote them, it’s not like anyone is a mind reader as to who you were apparently replying to:

D9625199-3668-46F4-95AA-801E4E60E3D0.jpeg

Tbf I could have picked two dozen posts from people before the game handwringing about the team and bench and apparent paucity of talent therein.

There’s a flow to our attack which I love to see. Decision-making in and around the box is a huge improvement compared to when Sterling played for us. That’s why I called for his departure for so many years. I always knew we could improve in this department. Foden, Alvarez and Haaland together will create magic for this team. All so skillful and creative. I’m very excited to see what the future will bring with these guys in our front line.
Let it go

As you didn’t quote them, it’s not like anyone is a mind reader as to who you were apparently replying to:

View attachment 54092

Tbf I could have picked two dozen posts from people before the game handwringing about the team and bench and apparent paucity of talent therein.
I called that one out too. I'm getting used to people slagging them off as soon as we go a goal down, but now they're starting before we've even kicked off.

True, since when can you smash someone smack in the middle of the face with a forearm shiver and it not be a foul? Intent is irrelevant and takes a back seat to the actual blow to the face.

That was no "disallowed" goal. The ref blew the infraction straight away. You can't stick a foot into the keeper's hand as he's trying to release a ball. Every fucking quasi incident gets scrutinized to no end when City are involved. That was a routine call. Nothing to talk about.
Had a flashback to the Forest game when Crosby headed the ball out of Dibbles hands and scored - can laugh about it now though

Did anybody else think Haaland looked a bit miffed when he was substituted? Not the first time it's been mentioned, just hoping it's not going to be a problem if he's left on the bench now and again, as no doubt he will be when we rotate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.