Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

As everyone has said, the first half was dire. Literally every player was poor.

I thought the elbow on Cancelo was a foul, no question. His arm was well up, he wasn't shielding the ball but Cancelo made such a meal of it. I think if he'd had just gone down, he might of got it instead of rolling around. Strange how VAR never seems to look at these incidents.

As for the disallowed goal, it was a foul but I was more annoyed with Ederson for putting the ball there in the first place. He has games where he just doesn't concentrate and he's clearly not aware of what is around him.

Second half was spectacular. Bernardo dragged the team into it but once Gundogan and Alvarez came on the game changed. Both were superb. Bernardo showed everyone how to dribble past a player, Haaland looks absolutely lethal doesn't he? How anyone can talk of getting Jesus back etc is beyond me.

I do think Gundogan is our most underrated player. His has this ability to find space and pick how passes, similar to David Silva but his goal threat is much higher.

The pass from Gundogan into Halland was amazing wasn't it? When Gundogan got the ball, you could see Haaland asking for it and it's almost like Gundogan thought "no point passing it there, he won't take it.... The pass and control were world class, Haaland took the ball, held off their defender like he was a child and the keeper didn't even move. Absolutely world class.

Once we've tightened up the defence, the PL is ours. Haaland will prove to probably be the best purchase we've made since The Sheikh took over.

COME ON CITY!!!
Yes.

I don’t get Cancelo. He’s so uneven. One week he is handsdown the best right back in the world. Another week he can be so absolute shit. It’s almost fascinating.
But he wasn’t playing right back?

Only caught MoTD as was working but thought it was strange they were talking about the ball not being fully released.

Had a mooch around the IFAB website and from what I read under rule 11.2 the ref was spot on as technically it comes under offside.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball
Edit: Meant to add if that wasn’t an obvious action to prevent Eddy from playing the ball then I don’t know what the fuck is.
Good grief.

Absolutely nothing whatsoever in a month of Sundays in the field of human conflict to do with offside

Saw a pic of the away fans this morning, can't believe they brought so few. Thought Palace always sold their allocation

I wont be criticising any fan base for lack of numbers. The cost of living will be to much for most people.

Food and heating have to come before football. I know I sadly I won't be attending my usual 10 to 15 games per season :(

Hopefully we can get to the south based away games. We now have a car full so that helps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.