Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

This is a valid point. A lot of fans are flappers. They revert to the "get it forward" routine when things are going a bit awry.
It's like watching a chess master play with Pep in charge. Fans don't see the game as he sees it, and they only recognise the genius after he has check-mated the opposition.

I love analogies, and that one works for me. The majority just want the pawns pushed forward as far as they will go ( nah, can't do it like you)

A couple of things that I took from yesterday,

We are still working out how to incorporate Haaland into the team but when we do he will be sensational.
Gundo makes our attack tick and when he is not playing we lose some of our offensive threat.
It is had to work a formation that allows Berny and Gundo to play together unless we drop KDB.
I have no idea what Pep is doing with Walker.

I'm ashamed too say that , I did shout get it forward quicker yesterday :-)
I think I may have done as well. There were times in the first half when we must have strung 40 to 50 passes together for a net loss of ten yards. The Palace players just maintained their two lines of 5 and 4 and seemed to be inviting us to get round or through them.

It all came good in the end though and that’s all that matters

A couple of things that I took from yesterday,

We are still working out how to incorporate Haaland into the team but when we do he will be sensational.
Gundo makes our attack tick and when he is not playing we lose some of our offensive threat.
It is had to work a formation that allows Berny and Gundo to play together unless we drop KDB.
I have no idea what Pep is doing with Walker.
Is it that difficult? Just do what we did when gundogan came on and play bernardo on the right

2ND HALF, mahres and cancelo was withdrawn for Gundo and Alvares for respectively. Pep reverted to the starting formation,an ultra offensive 2-2-5-1 , he employed against bournemoth that produced 3 goals in first half. However with a little tweak to 3-1-5-1. walker dropped from inverted full back position to become the 3rd centre half and Rodri patrolled the middle as a single pivot. Foden was a right wing back. With 5 players now running into crystal 18 yard box the oppositon carve in and conceded 4 goals
Brilliant win with just eight players :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.