Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

One of the best reasons for joining this forum is the differing but imho informed opinions on how the games pan out.
I don’t see anything wrong with poster A saying “ I thought Joe Bloggs was crap because”.
I admire the PMA posters who are so positive in adversity - one guy yesterday called a 4-2 at half time - love it.
On the other hand we have the JCLs who cannot handle conceding a goal but worst of all the Rags who infest the Match Day thread. They should be called out.
Fucking love this Club as do the vast majority on here !

Palace have improved ten fold under vieira
We know they’re athletic
We know they’re disciplined and dirty
And we know they’re deadly on the counter and set pieces
And they can play a bit if you let them with vieira’s input

We were cagey at first with our slow build up
Knowing that a fresh palace would hit us hard on the break
We still managed to let them with some sloppy passes with further mistakes to gift them two goals
Slow passes or not. all those shuttle runs will eventually tire a defence out and as we’ve seen previously. We will attack with more vigour against a team wilting if losing. And be more patient, keeping the ball if winning.

A couple of things that I took from yesterday,

We are still working out how to incorporate Haaland into the team but when we do he will be sensational.
Gundo makes our attack tick and when he is not playing we lose some of our offensive threat.
It is had to work a formation that allows Berny and Gundo to play together unless we drop KDB.
I have no idea what Pep is doing with Walker.
Neither does Walker in all fairness ;-)

He done that shite Yank thing of pretending to spoon food into his mouth. Big in the NFL.
Have you ever watched Damn Yankees? Its not what you think. Relax fella, its been 246 years...

But Eddie had released the ball in the time and manner of his own choosing and under no pressure from the Palace player so I would maintain the process was complete.
Yeah ridiculous protection for keepers. His piss poor fuck and should have been given. Thankfully we got lucky:)

It was like the United Nations in 101 yesterday. We are more and more attracting fans globally. There was a woman with two young kids in front of us in the queue to get in, scarves, City face paint. the lot. Had just flown over from Barcelona to watch the game. Incredible. Haaland takes us to the next level commercially. Hopefully football wise too.
Bid you ask her "how much for the kids " ;-) Blue's Brothers just in case ok.

I fucking love other Premier League fans putting on their best "authentic football fan" routines. What do they think Palace is if not a commercial entity. Do they think having 73 fans in black polos, a drum and a rivalry with Brighton makes them uniquely salt of the earth? Fuck off. What even is a "demographic of Disneyland". If they want to be racist they should just spit it out of their authentic cockney mouths.
Yeah, I've not been able to add one single football team from the top four tiers onto my database of Football Teams Which Are Humanitarian And Philanthropic Charities. Although I expect the Liverpool Echo to proclaim the same for the Dippers.

But had 'the process' been completed when the Palace player intercepted the clearance? That is to say Eddie was not 'in the process' of releasing the ball.
The Palace player didn't appear to be intentionally impeding Eddie and therefore did not prevent him from releasing the ball and only stuck his foot out and made contact with the ball when it had been released i.e. after completion of the process.
Not that I'm bothered. I'm delighted the ref saw it differently.
Anyway their player should IMO have been sent off for the arm into Cancelo's face just prior to their second goal ( or at least penalised which would have meant the goal would not have materialised).
The "process" is not completed when the ball is an inch out of the keeper's hand. You can't stick a foot out that close to impede the keeper releasing the ball whether he's throwing it, rolling it, or kicking it. There is no issue. Its an infraction, a violation of the rules, and was called correctly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.