Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

The problem is that those who watched on TV, live or MotD, were told by the commentators that the goal should have stood. At no time during the game did the broadcasters refer to the actual regulation, they just spouted off that they didn’t understand why it wasn’t given.

Combine that with an emotional and frustrated crowd who are already 2 down, no wonder there‘s some craziness of the understanding of the game.
BBC MotD was a disgrace on this point. Awful coverage. Debating something about which no debate is required. State the rule and show a still or slo mo from an appropriate angle and it is clear Ref applied the laws of the game correctly.

According to Dermot.....
Foul, yellow card on Cancelo.
Foul on Ederson, not allowed to go for ball.....3 sky wombles admitted they didn't know the law.
Haaland, Foul yellow card not red.

Just for balance, apparently you are allowed to play keepy uppy with your arms in the penalty area ;)
Think he’s on the money for the decisions in our game.

I‘m still trying to work out how swatting the ball is a natural movement of your arm though.

Absolutely hate the system at present.

There is no universe where Kyle should have the main responsibility to touch the ball more than anyone else to create an overload in midfield.

He's the wrong side of the ball on every counter, people confusing him being done for pace, rather than the fact he is taken out of the game.

Stones resembling a shitting dog because he has to come out to cover the right-back space, Walker sometimes doubling up with him in desperation, a hole in the middle of the defence.

I know Klopp does similar with Terence Trent Derby, but he is a midfielder in all but name, his ability to pass and deliver is on a different level.

We need to address it quickly, somehow get Cancelo back as the spare man in the midfield.

I do think that can be addressed if Mahrez is replaced by Bernie on the right, but it then leaves us shorn of legs and energy in the middle and have concerns Kev is also becoming more reliant on legs around him?
I think it’s simply a case of Pep trying to tweak a few things formation wise in order to get the best out of our players and system. It’s obviously a tricky and risky thing to be doing when a season has started but our lack of preseason games has probably affected us on that score.
First couple of games I thought worked ok but could already see the issue with giving Walker a role where his ball playing skills were required. Sadly, as good as he’s been for us, creativity was never his strongpoint.
Last couple of games as seen us struggle with it so hopefully this little experiment will only be brought back on the odd occasion as it’s obviously not a one size fits all situation.

Agree Annoyed me when Walker has the ball Kdb to his right and HE thinks he is the better player get the ball in the box His job should be stopping the counter once he has the ball pass it to Kdb or occasionally those cross field balls to foden! What’s weird is peps seems happy with it..
Not sure you can blame Walker, the instructions are coming from Pep.

According to Dermot.....
Foul, yellow card on Cancelo.
Foul on Ederson, not allowed to go for ball.....3 sky wombles admitted they didn't know the law.
Haaland, Foul yellow card not red.

Wow. DG thinks the ref got it wrong twice!

I liked the womble trying to say it's the same as passing it out with the feet, when the law says "prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball from the hands".

Ffs he didn’t and even moving to impede the throw is enough for a free kick. Get over it, we weren’t lucky it was the right decision. Even if the red gave the goal even a shit VAR would have overturned it. The goal wouldn’t have been allowed at under 10 level so stop being a wum.
I'm not being a wum mate.
I'm too old for that.
Some of the stills shown after my post I agree look as if the ball has not been released when the Palace player intervened.
In real time on MOTD it looked different so we would need to see VAR.
Anyway better to leave it.
Palace were not unlucky.
Their player should IMO have been sent off before the corner that lead to their goal.
Apparently the ref didn't see it (unlike the Haaland high boot). So should the incident been reviewed?
PS Just seen Dermot agrees with you!

Absolutely hate the system at present.

There is no universe where Kyle should have the main responsibility to touch the ball more than anyone else to create an overload in midfield.

He's the wrong side of the ball on every counter, people confusing him being done for pace, rather than the fact he is taken out of the game.

Stones resembling a shitting dog because he has to come out to cover the right-back space, Walker sometimes doubling up with him in desperation, a hole in the middle of the defence.

I know Klopp does similar with Terence Trent Derby, but he is a midfielder in all but name, his ability to pass and deliver is on a different level.

We need to address it quickly, somehow get Cancelo back as the spare man in the midfield.

I do think that can be addressed if Mahrez is replaced by Bernie on the right, but it then leaves us shorn of legs and energy in the middle and have concerns Kev is also becoming more reliant on legs around him?
if he wants an extra man in midfield why not try 4 4 2 instead of complicating things

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.