Crystal Palace (H) | Post Match Thread

Yes, if it had been serious foul play, and thus a red card. Given the 'high bar' PGMOL are applying this season (until someone is seriously injured) VAR would have judged it yellow - flailing arms unless "excessive force" wouldn't be a red - like they didn't ask the ref to look at Haaland's boot to the face of an opponent. They don't intervene for missed yellow cards.

But it should have been given as a foul, so free kick to us, rather than a Palace corner, and still 1-0.

It's for the media thread why Haaland's boot and the "disallowed" goal have got all the coverage, and not Ayew's use of the forearm.
Didn't you mean to say No at the start of your answer?

VAR can not get involved in a missed foul unless a goal is directly scored or a red card has been missed.

Anybody else not able to watch the full match replay on the city+ app? I get an error you are not entitled to view this asset message pop up when I try to load it up?? Every other video works though! :-(

I think you need to realise that the majority of fans have little real understanding of pep , his tactics and genius. They hanker after up and at em football and are easily flustered.

I didn't hear booing near me but could from the South. The clueless near me just want the ball "forward" and don't really get the recycling part of peps plan.
I was in 109 and heard similar nonsense. How can people not see that we have one of the greatest managers of all time and that he knows more about football than any of us? I heard the usual get it forward and groans when we didn’t force passes through. At one point one guy was telling Kyle Walker where he should be on the pitch and berating him for his position.

Football is generally a very simple sport and the laws of football are generally very simple too.
I'm not sure "simple" is how I'd describe the Laws these days. Trying to cover every situation and failing, and leaving in redundant and misleading language like "gaining an advantage", and with PGMOL doing its own thing re what constitutes "serious foul play" and why and when VAR should intervene.

Didn't you mean to say No at the start of your answer?

VAR can not get involved in a missed foul unless a goal is directly scored or a red card has been missed.
No. The question was "Doesn't var work for fouls?"

So, yes it does if it's a red card offence (which is how I answered), but no it doesn't if VAR judges it not a red card offence. VAR didn't think it was a missed red card and the protocol says they can't intervene for a yellow, even if that means it should have been a free kick.

And that's more complicated now because VAR overturned Trippier's red card last week when very few people (fans, pundits, referees) would say it was a clear and obvious mistake.

No. The question was "Doesn't var work for fouls?"

So, yes it does if it's a red card offence (which is how I answered), but no it doesn't if VAR judges it not a red card offence. VAR didn't think it was a missed red card.

And that's more complicated now because VAR overturned Trippier's red card last week when very few people (fans, pundits, referees) would say it was a clear and obvious mistake.
Yeah, so VAR doesn’t judge fouls save the ones like the one in the Wolves game.

People are still disputing it was the correct decision to give a free kick for the Ederson incident? Haha!
It was as blatant as the nose on your face. The Palace player stuck his leg out to block the goalkeeper from releasing the ball.
The game really has moved on too fast for some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.