Crystal Palace (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me laugh when I see Delph ahead of yaya. How many goals and assists did Delph get for villa last year?
Delph is showing signs of being a proper box-to-box midfielder that, while not possessing the same level of creativity as Yaya (few do), does not require the team to be setup to accommodate his shortcomings and can still contribute assists/key passes (Norwich being the most recent example). He has an energy and zeal that adds to our whole and provides stability in an otherwise porous midfield.

Yaya is just not an every match, all match player anymore—the sooner we accept that the easier our transition from strength to strength will be. I wholeheartedly believe that Pep already sees this and Yaya does to, hence his agents recent comments about Pep and Yaya's unsavoury stromp at the APOTY awards. It is difficult to come to terms with your own fall from supremacy.

He'll always be a legend but he isn't able to play that way consistently now so we (and he) need to learn to manage his fitness and utilise his strengths until this arrangement no longer works for him (which, unfortunately, I get the feeling is soon).

Delph is showing signs of being a proper box-to-box midfielder that, while not possessing the same level of creativity as Yaya (few do), does not require the team to be setup to accommodate his shortcomings and can still contribute assists/key passes (Norwich being the most recent example). He has an energy and zeal that adds to our whole and provides stability in an otherwise porous midfield.

Yaya is just not an every match, all match player anymore—the sooner we accept that the easier our transition from strength to strength will be. I wholeheartedly believe that Pep already sees this and Yaya does to, hence his agents recent comments about Pep and Yaya's unsavoury stromp at the APOTY awards. It is difficult to come to terms with your own fall from supremacy.

He'll always be a legend but he isn't able to play that way consistently now so we (and he) need to learn to manage his fitness and utilise his strengths until this arrangement no longer works for him (which, unfortunately, I get the feeling is soon).
Agree wholeheartedly.

Good post mate.

father time and all that

For me though, his off pitch antics demotes him from the legend status he would rightly have deserved otherwise.

Delph seems to be turning into this saviour on the back of very little evidence.
Maybe people like the energy and desire he's shown in his few appearences, as opposed to certain other midfielders we could mention! I don't think he'll offer as much as an 'Up for it' Yaya would, but sadly yaya is too immobile to play his usual Box-to-Box role.

However having said that aganist Everton he sat in front of the defence and did a damn fine job so who knows.

Maybe people like the energy and desire he's shown in his few appearences, as opposed to certain other midfielders we could mention! I don't think he'll offer as much as an 'Up for it' Yaya would, but sadly yaya is too immobile to play his usual Box-to-Box role.

However having said that aganist Everton he sat in front of the defence and did a damn fine job so who knows.

I am all for giving him a go but surely if Pellegrini felt the same, he would have selected him over Fernando the other night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.