Crystal Palace (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well so I've no problem with that decision. I just feel Delph is being over hyped a bit without actually having a run of games to justify it.

I think playing Yaya , Delph and Fernando is possible in games like this with a front two which is how MP may go.

More often than not if you win the midfield battle you win the game.

We miss Ferny in my opinion more than VK even when he is not at his sharpest and he for me is the key player along with Navas that will keep us in touch with the two pace setters this season.

No excuses today we've gotta get 3 points out of this. A repeat of the Capital One Cup tie result will do very nicely.

Hart

Zaba Otamendi Demichelis Kolarov

Fernando Yaya

Navas Silva Sterling

Aguero

That's how Pellers will line up imo. I only pick Zaba because Sagna played 90 mins again mid week give him a rest.

3-1 City today Aguero with a couple :)

Keep Navas in reserve as an impact sub against tiring defenders.

And use Iheanacho if we aren't going to start him. And not 5 minutes either.

Looking forward to seeing Kolarov in the side. Very dangerous player going forward. I just hope we play with a midfielder who can get forward and take advantage. A constant stream of crosses was wasted on Wednesday by having no one running on to them.

Please use Toure off the bench. Forlorn hope I know

I think playing Yaya , Delph and Fernando is possible in games like this with a front two which is how MP may go.

More often than not if you win the midfield battle you win the game.

We miss Ferny in my opinion more than VK even when he is not at his sharpest and he for me is the key player along with Navas that will keep us in touch with the two pace setters this season.

I think we sometimes lack a bit going forward when we play 3 midfielders. United away and everton away last week spring to mind.
We are fine with 2 in midfield if one of Silva and DB doesn't play. Navas will always graft and Sterling can but doesn't always.

It's the forwards and attacking players who are not scoring enough and creating enough clear chances.

Today I'd get zab back in to provide more opportunity.

How fickle of fans to slate 442 only to plead for its return
I do think the argument for or against its use should hinge around opposition and personnel. I remember so many times when it didn't seem the wisest thing to do e.g. playing 4-4-2 against a Barca and having a Dzeko as one of the forward 2 was suicidal. If we have a forward who can link up play pretty good, has a good work rate and who's got a decent poachers instinct, then I think an argument can be made in favour of this system. If we have such a player in our ranks today, the jury is still out on whether that player can be trusted to do a job or not.

Keep Navas in reserve as an impact sub against tiring defenders.

And use Iheanacho if we aren't going to start him. And not 5 minutes either.

Looking forward to seeing Kolarov in the side. Very dangerous player going forward. I just hope we play with a midfielder who can get forward and take advantage. A constant stream of crosses was wasted on Wednesday by having no one running on to them.

Please use Toure off the bench. Forlorn hope I know

I agree Toure off the bench for 30 minutes if things are tight or we need that bit of inspiration is something MP should really look at.

Yaya has a big ego and its better now with that one piece of magic that can come any time from him.

I hope its never really required but we know it will be the way we set up and play home and away these days and even against a side that is struggling to score against opposition like Villa , Swansea Bournmouth and Chelsea who are all conceding regularly that we always leave ourselves open for the unexpected.

I think we sometimes lack a bit going forward when we play 3 midfielders. United away and everton away last week spring to mind.
We are fine with 2 in midfield if one of Silva and DB doesn't play. Navas will always graft and Sterling can but doesn't always.

It's the forwards and attacking players who are not scoring enough and creating enough clear chances.

Today I'd get zab back in to provide more opportunity.

If Ferny was available I would have Yaya on the bench as he and Delph can offer us some compactness and shooting power up forward and bring on Yaya for impact even at half time if need be.

I might be wrong but for a variety of reasons mainly injury I don't know how many times if at all we have started Delph , Ferny and Fernando in the traditional central midfield positions so its difficult to access how it will work if it hasn't been tried.

Its the quality of chances we get for Kun and others that matter not quantity.

I will cry if Kelechi doesn't start they have loads of injuries and are there for the taking

I know this isn't going to go down well on this forum, but this manager has now got me to the point where I can't be arsed going to this game, because it's too cold and frankly I know the football will be the usual shit we get served under Manuel. (This is from a 10 year season ticket holder by the way).

Even when Pearce was in charge playing that brand of boring/defensive football at home, I would never dream of missing a game, but under this manager, I'm simply
not excited anymore watching us play.

Says a lot about this manager doesn't it?
why is your name 'eagle........' and we're playing the eagles next?

Don't get mad at me...I'm pulling your legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.