Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

No but I think this season will be a very low points total with lots of teams beating each other. And it will go down to the wire. That said I just have a gut feeling we will miss out on the league this season but we will drown our sorrows by winning the CL at Wembley. Back-to-back CL winners would be fantastic.
Although I'd be gutted to miss out on the league I'd take that now If offered.

Still don’t get how Alvarez goal was disallowed, Rodri did not go in front of the keeper, was he offside when kicked yes, but he didn’t touch the ball and the keeper had clear line of sight.
My thoughts exactly mate. Looking at some of the ridiculous decisions in recent games. I'm convinced the refs are anti City with their heads filled with the 115 charges and certain partisan Youtube videos making City out to be full on cheats.
I know it sounds paranoid but it's becoming impossible to think another way.

My thoughts exactly mate. Looking at some of the ridiculous decisions in recent games. I'm convinced the refs are anti City with their heads filled with the 115 charges and certain partisan Youtube videos making City out to be full on cheats.
I know it sounds paranoid but it's becoming impossible to think another way.
I agree wholeheartedly. How many decisions have we had against us that ref influencing have turned games from us this season. It can't be coincidence or explained with the fallacy that over a season these things 'even themselves out'. I get called out for saying there is a concerted agenda against us but there absolutely is. Imo corruption in plain sight. Although tbh team/ Peps tactics not helping thus far this season....

If ever we needed any of KDB, Erling or Doku to break down a defence and smash away a chance, it was yesterday.
As usual, we should have been way, way out of sight before trouble arrived. If we can get a full squad back for the remainder of the season, it'll be happy days again, I believe. Hopefully our blip will be over and we can get on "the run" pronto.
We were OK for 80 minutes. Then got caught in possession and didn't see out the game like we know we can. These things happen to us at some stage every season.
I expected Liverpool to win today; either them or Arsenal - or both will drop points next week. Villa got lucky today and I'm sure their squad depth will catch up with them soon.
It's all still to play for

Stop moaning mate. Won a treble last season. If we win nothing this season, so what. Don’t be crying like a rag.
That exact attitude is why the rags are where they are. "but but but we won a trophy once before, we are still a big club"

Thankfully I expect the players don't have your attitude and will fix the problems and not just sit on their arse and polish the medals from last year.

If ever we needed any of KDB, Erling or Doku to break down a defence and smash away a chance, it was yesterday.
As usual, we should have been way, way out of sight before trouble arrived. If we can get a full squad back for the remainder of the season, it'll be happy days again, I believe. Hopefully our blip will be over and we can get on "the run" pronto.
We were OK for 80 minutes. Then got caught in possession and didn't see out the game like we know we can. These things happen to us at some stage every season.
I expected Liverpool to win today; either them or Arsenal - or both will drop points next week. Villa got lucky today and I'm sure their squad depth will catch up with them soon.
It's all still to play for
A blip is usually for 4/5 games mate, this 'blip' has resulted in a 16 point return from the last 11 games. We've failed to see out 4 of these games when leading late on - Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs, Palace by conceding in the last minutes of each so its clearly not just a case of it happening once or twice.. you could include the Arsenal game in that too despite not leading.
I cant see any change in this until the defence is sorted and pep figures out another way to set up - which needs to be immediately because we have two very difficult away games at Everton and Newcastle coming up.

Well the weekend ends, and Liverpool's draw has tempered our result a little .

Dropping a two goal lead against a team with zero ambition, little quality and not much squad depth was tough, I was in quiet disbelief until finally meeting a mate today for a pint, where I sort of raged through an entire pint

Palace certainly knew how to push us wide, big big bodies holding the middle around the penalty area in two tight banks, plus that massive fella up front giving Dias hell. So very old school.

I thought we were fine if a little boring for 65 mins but it was uncanny, the feeling many have described, that something wasn't going quite right and that palace were being "allowed" to retain a foothold.

The farce for the pen was a very similar farce to that of injury time against Madrid.

But the only thing I take umbrage with, after all football throws up its surprises here and then, is the lack of substitutes of a clearly tiring XI. Gvardiol's game on the left had run it's course and Walker was on his arse. I think a reshape and even burning the clock with subs (yes, palace at home, I know) would have totally killed any spirit palace may have felt. Not seeing that one out was poor.

But it ain't the end of the world. We're still causing a lot of fear, despite the struggles.

Last edited:
I read that as Michael Oliver !
Nice one. Olise has massive talent but there's more to it than that. He'll have to prove he's consistent - next year teams will double up on him. Does he have the mentality to play for us? For sure there's always a settling in year for us, but Pep looks deep into players' mentality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.