Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Posted this in another thread. I do think our recruitment in recent years has been poor though. We use to have Aguero, Silva, Sane, Vinnie, Yaya, Tevez, Dzeko, Nasri, Sterling, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Gundogan, Mahrez, all on form start today. They are city level players And unfortunately Lewis, Alvarez, Kovacic, Phillips, Doku (50/50), Nunues, Gomez are not.

Agreed but the prices have no gone horrific? I do wish we were braver going for Rice this summer though and gutted the Paqueta deal didn’t go through. Walker seems to have done a Rashford and got a nice big contract and gone completely off the boil!? Needs a few games out

What really annoyed me about today was that you couldn't really say we wasted loads of chances, plus we controlled the game pretty well. Until the last few minutes that is.

Then Ederson (and he's done this before in similar situations) takes a long goalkick, which he never does normally. And of course we give possession back to Palace who attack. We then win back possession and Foden has the chance to release Bernardo, who is free in loads of space.

But he doesn't, and being as weak as a piece of wet tissue, surrenders possession.We repel that attack and Bernardo stops the ball from going out for a Palace throw. He may have been fouled but still probably should have done better although we should never have been in that situation if we'd managed those few minutes better!

We used to crush teams in the last 15-20 minutes but now, not only can we not manage games out, we seem to have developed an unerring ability to throw them away.
Wasted a couple in first half. Gvardiol should have scored one on one in the centre of the goal and Alvarez should have done better with that header. Not sure why Rodri was offside too for a free kick. Stupid that. Today was absolutely 2 points pissed away. Liverpool and spurs are at least decent sides but Palace were absolutely crap.

Haven’t seen the comments, sorry, but poor from Pep if he blamed Foden for the loss. He needs a mirror!!
He didn't name Foden, he said "the penalty cannot happen"
I'm glad he's fuming, I certainly am, I hope the players are too.
Maybe they need to have it out again like Fernandinho arranged when we last went through poor form.
We need something to ignite the fire again.
We're doing the hard bit and then switching off.

Agreed but the prices have no gone horrific? I do wish we were braver going for Rice this summer though and gutted the Paqueta deal didn’t go through. Walker seems to have done a Rashford and got a nice big contract and gone completely off the boil!? Needs a few games out
I don’t think Rice wanted to leave London and that was pretty obvious and we were late to that table anyway. After winning the treble, upping our profile hugely and having a shit load of money coming in, our transfer window was absolute shite. We have made this mistake before too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.