Crystal Palace PL (H) Post match thread

Just got back from the game and fcuking fuming.
Not read any other comments yet but playing Gvardiol as a left winger,I mean WTAF? He's not even a left back!
And again no substitutions to strengthen the midfield and defence to see the game out.
As for the defence I think I'll leave posting further till I've calmed down.
Spot on, players would not pass to him as they knew he could t offer anything offensively. Bizarre tactic!

I fucked off the minute that penalty hit the back of the net.
Thought it was better for my health.
After the pen - I can kind of understand… (the game was pretty much over at that point) but there was a stream of people in the North stand at 80 mins and I could see the standing chairs in the south stand first tier in the last 10

That's the 4th time (Chelsea, Liverpool (82nd min), Tottenham and now Palace) this season. A last minute goal has cost us another 2pts.

It's not good enough especially when we are champions of England and Europe. If it happened once then you could forgive its a bad day at the office. But 4 times is a serious problem.

OK we have the world cup this week which is a much needed distraction. But our defenders need to start defending better. It's all well scoring goals but if we can't defend them. Then we don't deserve to win the league again.

We need a new centre back, defensive midfielder or left back as we need some organisation and leadership at the back.
5th- Arsenal away too.

City are a shadow of earlier Pep sides at the moment. Our midfield is slow, ponderous and predictable. Rodri is trying to hold it together but struggling to do so. We don’t control games this season as we have in previous years. The summer signings with the exception of Doku need more time but, they look way off our standard just now. Our focus should be on finishing fourth - I hope I’m wrong but we are simply not good enough to challenge this year. Summer recruitment was poor, Gundo is sadly missed, a few players are woefully out of form and Kev is a huge miss. We have been spoilt these last 5 or 6 years and this year is a bit of a reality check. The squad needs work to get us back to our best.

The players brought in bar Gvardiol didn’t play. Recruitment been poor.
gvardiol I reserve judgement he’s not a LB. Doku looks promising. Kovacic and Nunes not good enough to replace what we’ve let go by a country mile. Kovacic on face of it was a decent signing but he’s not. I don’t get where Nunes fits in at all. Alvarez needs dropped but we don’t have an option to replace him. I won’t bang the Cole Palmer drum as he wanted to go for whatever reason but we could do with him now.

After the pen - I can kind of understand… (the game was pretty much over at that point) but there was a stream of people in the North stand at 80 mins and I could see the standing chairs in the south stand first tier in the last 10
Our style of relentless passing to each other for no effect is boring as fuck, there I said it. Football is about entertainment and watching tip tap crap is mind numbing. Doku and even Hamilton could have got behind their defence and created chances. Foden,Alvarez,Bernie and Grealish offer no variety and are risk averse.

Your third point is a waste of time, will always get it I’m afraid, as I commented about on here the other day it’s somert to moan at, and you are

For what it’s worth your first two points are valid though
On your average game when the result is in no doubt I can kind of understand it (still baffles me) but when there is jeopardy in the game I just fail to see the logic for a mass exodus…it’s 100% complete entitlement and complacency - i understand people have things to do and choice but if you left before 90mins today you failed the players, your fellow supporters and the club

Cause you're setting your self up for disappointment. You think we've got a god given right to batter every one. There's gonna be twist an turns along the way it's a marathon...
‘God given right’ isn’t quite the same as standards and expectation.

‘Shoot for the stars but if you happen to miss, shoot for the moon instead’.
I can see why plenty of people would prefer we went with Neil Armstrong over what you’re suggesting, which sounds like aim for mediocrity, cos that way you’ll never be disappointed.

For me personally, I can see both points of view.

Yet as shit as we are, we are only 6 points

its the blown leads that is getting everyone hit and bothered especially me. We need to close games out because at the moment that’s 4 games we have failed to hold onto a lead. Thankfully at max, only 6 points back, but we need to use this next week and recharge and refocus and get back to putting the sword to teams throats
The big concern for me is in three of those 4 drawn games we conceded the equalising goal in added time, plus the loss at Arsenal in added time,(that’s 7 points) plus the Community shield in added time. In the CL, conceded in added time (h/t) v Red Star (h) and conceded in added time v Red Star on Wednesday. This is a lack of professionalism, laziness, sloppiness or complacency… I’d argue all of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.