Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope YaYa is fit. Nasri simply doesn't have the drive on his own to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win it. He only ever plays well when someone else does,

I'd like to see Nasri and Jovetic from the start, saw some promising linkup the last game and I think they'd work well together with each others runs and layoffs and Jovetic's directness

If Yaya Toure isn't fit:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Kolarov
Javi Garcia - Fernandinho
Navas - Jovetic - Milner
Aguero

If Yaya Toure is fit:

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Demichelis - Kolarov
Javi Garcia - Fernandinho
Milner - Yaya Toure - Jovetic
Aguero

Starting Hart, Kompany, Demichelis and Fernandinho is fairly standard so there's no real need to explain my decisions with those ones. But I believe that starting Kolarov, Javi Garcia and Jovetic is crucial.

Kolarov: Palace are going to attempt to stifle us in attack and hit on the break. They did it at our place earlier on in the season and it worked for 70 minutes, they did it against Chelsea and it worked for the whole game. There's no reason why they won't do the same again on Sunday, maybe other than that they're at home. Because of this, we're going to need as much as possible on either flank. Starting Clichy on Sunday would be a stupid thing to do. Kolarov doesn't need an invitation to get behind and cross the ball over at 100mph. It's fairly simple.

Javi Garcia: With Yaya coming back from injury and Palace channeling most of their attacks through the pace of Puncheon and Bolasie, Javi Garcia has to start. He's been fantastic for a good few weeks now and a start in a tricky away game will give him confidence, and it will give us some much needed defensive stability. We were great against Liverpool after he came on and but for Kompany's mistake we'd have taken a good point from there. It's crucial that he starts as the secondary anchor on Sunday.

Jovetic: I've seen us play packed defenses and come unstuck several times since 2011. Let's try and sort that out, shall we? We've got someone here who can create something from nothing in very tight spaces with snappy one-two exchanges in and around the 18-yard box. He'll drop deep, provide energy, a shot from distance and support for our wingers. He'll also be right up there with Aguero when required and this is as good a time as any to unleash them both together.

You guys can post all you like, but there is no way Jovetic is starting on Sun with Aguero. Firstly, .MP sees them as birds of a feather and he will pair either of them with Dzeko. Secondly, Dzeko has played pretty well the past few weeks and should continue to start. Jovetic can come on for Aguero, who probably still isn't up to playing a full 90.

And too much hyperbole over Garcia. He and fantastic do not belong in the same sentence. He has gone from awful to serviceable, but he offers nothing in offence and we don't need a 5-man back line. He's fine to come on when we want to close down a game, but otherwise, Milner should start every time over him.

greasedupdeafguy said:
Looking forward to this, palace have by far the best fans in the league so it should be a great atmosphere.

..........................Hart..............

zaba.........komp............demi...............Kolarov

................Fern............Garcia...................

Milner.................Nasri.....................Jovetic

.........................Aguero.........

I don't think Yaya will make the game, so this team looks good to me - don't not what happened to Milner playing centre mid, when we bought him that's excatly where he was playing - now he doesn;t seem to be considered at all - Pellegrini making me scratch my head at times, I just don;t know what he basing some of these decisions on

..........................Hart..............

zaba.........komp............demi...............Kolarov

................Fern............Milner...................

Navas.................Nasri.....................Jovetic

.........................Aguero........

Nasri and Jovetic would roam and change positions anyway .....

What I would wanna see:
Hart
Zab - Komps - MDM - Kol
Milner - Fern - Yaya - Nasri
Sergio - Jov

What I expect to see:
Hart
Zab - Komp s- MDM - Kol
Navas - Fern - Yaya - Nasri
Dzeko - Sergio

Garcia for Yaya if the latter is not fit
Milner for Navas if the latter is not fit

What I would wanna see: Fulham away 2
What I expect to see: Norwich away 2

eversince 76 said:
What I would wanna see:
Hart
Zab - Komps - MDM - Kol
Milner - Fern - Yaya - Nasri
Sergio - Jovetic

Sergio and Jovetic together would be literally bumping into each other. Add Silva to the mix, and it just becomes too dense and too similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.