Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
supercity88 said:
Chippy_boy said:
jollylescott said:
I think he will start with Kun and Edin up front. The rest of the team picks itself with Yaya back.

I think he will as well, and I think he'd be right to. Aguero on his own would have a tiring and fruitless time against them with 11 men behind the ball, whereas Dzeko can pull defenders around and open up spaces for him.

Our biggest obstacle on Sunday is getting goals I think. (Isn't it always? But you know what I mean). We can ill afford a 0-0 draw, let alone a 0-1 defeat.

With Silva out, do we play a central 3 of Yaya, Ferny and Garcia and Aguero, Nasri and Dzeko...

I think Yaya should start - give him a good 60 mins and get him back to fitness for Goodison. If we play Dzeko and Aguero, do we play Milner instead of Silva?

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Kolarov in midfield in front of Clichy. If not him there, then Milner left midfield and Kolarov at left back.

----------------Hart----------------------
Zab--Komp--Demich-------Clichy
Nasri------Ferny---Yaya---Kolarov
----------Dzeko-----Aguero----------

Our biggest obstacle on Sunday is getting goals I think. (Isn't it always? But you know what I mean). We can ill afford a 0-0 draw, let alone a 0-1 defeat.[/quote]

Yes, we always seem short on goals this season ????
Even at times we do not play well, we score goals. Chelsea home and Norwich away is not the benchmark you know?!
Rather worry about the defence i.e. Kompany doing "a Kompany". It's the stupid mistakes that have cost us, not the obstacle of getting goals. But you know what I mean ...

eversince 76 said:
Our biggest obstacle on Sunday is getting goals I think. (Isn't it always? But you know what I mean). We can ill afford a 0-0 draw, let alone a 0-1 defeat.

Yes, we always seem short on goals this season, even in times we do not play well. Chelsea home and Norwich away is not the trendmark you know?![/quote]

By "isn't it always" I meant football is about scoring goals.

But about the game specifically on Sunday, it may have escaped your attention that Palace are on a hell of streak and are looking really solid defensively. And we on the other hand have been struggling to score and break teams down compared to our earlier season form.

Chippy_boy said:
eversince 76 said:

Yes, we always seem short on goals this season, even in times we do not play well. Chelsea home and Norwich away is not the trendmark you know?!

But about the game specifically on Sunday, it may have escaped your attention that Palace are on a hell of streak and are looking really solid defensively. And we on the other hand have been struggling to score and break teams down compared to our earlier season form.[/quote]

Can't think of many teams we haven't found it difficult to score against away from home, especially earlier in the season.

If Yaya is fit I think Jovetic should start

If Yaya is'nt fit I think Jovetic should start

Either way, I think we should start Jovetic

irishben said:
If Yaya is fit I think Jovetic should start

If Yaya is'nt fit I think Jovetic should start

Either way, I think we should start Jovetic
So what do you reckon we should do with Jovetic then?

Chippy_boy said:
eversince 76 said:

Yes, we always seem short on goals this season, even in times we do not play well. Chelsea home and Norwich away is not the trendmark you know?!

But about the game specifically on Sunday, it may have escaped your attention that Palace are on a hell of streak and are looking really solid defensively. And we on the other hand have been struggling to score and break teams down compared to our earlier season form.[/quote]

So where did we struggle to score way from home lately? Or are you refering to the odd goal at Barcelona and Arsenal?
I say 2 at Hull, 3 at the swamp, 2 at Klanfield ...

Palace is a hard nut to crack, but rather we make the stupid mistake than find it hard to score a goal. If we play a solid game like with 10 at Hull, we will win because we always score. If we make a stupid mistake, we'll end up like at Cardiff, Villa, or Liverpool to name a few when we even scored 2 at each of those games. But maybe that has escaped your attention.

I still expect us to be dominant and Palace to sit back somewhat so I would try this:

----Dzeko------- Aguero--
----------Jovetic---------
Milner----------------Nasri
--------Fernandinho-------
Kolarov-Demi---Kompany-Zaba
-----------Hart-------------

Yaya on as sub if needed.

CitizenTID said:
I still expect us to be dominant and Palace to sit back somewhat so I would try this:

----Dzeko------- Aguero--
----------Jovetic---------
Milner----------------Nasri
--------Fernandinho-------
Kolarov-Demi---Kompany-Zaba
-----------Hart-------------

Yaya on as sub if needed.

Don't think this is the time of season to try anything new mate

Stick to the tried and trusted in my opinion, if Yaya is available then he plays if you ask me, even if you protect him by playing Garcia as well

---------------Hart

Zaba-----Vinny------MDM------Kolarov

----------Garcia------Ferna-------------

Nasri----------Yaya---------Sergio

----------------Dzeko------------------

Think we will miss Dave and Navas in this game. We could have done with having our more expansive players available.

I reckon it will be a cagey game unless their confidence from previous games sees them try and attack us. Their safe so they have nothing to lose.

Close game for 60 minutes but providing Chelsea take something from Liverpool i see us winning 2-0. Sergio and Nasri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.