Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBooksbluearmy said:
It is now a straight fight between us and Chelsea for 2nd place. Just can't see Liverpool dropping 6pts between now and the end of the season. So the game against Crystal Palace has become a must win game, in fact every game between now and the end of the season is a must win game.
We don't need them to drop 6 points old chum. If they lose to Chelsea or Palace, and we win our remaining games then we win on goal difference.

TBooksbluearmy said:
It is now a straight fight between us and Chelsea for 2nd place. Just can't see Liverpool dropping 6pts between now and the end of the season. So the game against Crystal Palace has become a must win game, in fact every game between now and the end of the season is a must win game.

Liverpool only need to drop 3pts. Dont forget we still have a game in hand.

Any chance we can get some black armbands for this to mourn the city legend that is Moyes?

Has anyone considered Liverpool drawing against Chelsea, a point puts them on 81 points and assuming we win at Palace that puts us on 77. Our game in hand against Villa should we win puts us on 80, a point different going into the Everton game. Liverpool then have to take maximum points from both remaining games at Palace and at home to Newcastle... That's a lot of pressure. This is all of course assuming we win every game, we can even afford a draw at Everton if Liverpool get beat by Chelsea and don't beat Palace allowing us to play for the league on GD in the final game.

There could be a twist yet, doubtful but we will know on Sunday just whether we will have any chance. A Liverpool win and I'm afraid it is over before we even kick off in this game.

Any chance Moyes could take over at Palace for the weekend? Pulis deserves some time off after all.
2-1 City win for me.

TBooksbluearmy said:
all we can do is win our games and believe the rest can take care of itself...the dippers will drop points Im sure of it...whether its 2 or 3 is the million dollar question

jollylescott said:
TBooksbluearmy said:
We don't need them to drop 6 points old chum. If they lose to Chelsea or Palace, and we win our remaining games then we win on goal difference.
I was going to pull him up on this but re read it....I think he means if we werent to pick up max points at Palace

inbetween said:
Has anyone considered Liverpool drawing against Chelsea, a point puts them on 81 points and assuming we win at Palace that puts us on 77. Our game in hand against Villa should we win puts us on 80, a point different going into the Everton game. Liverpool then have to take maximum points from both remaining games at Palace and at home to Newcastle... That's a lot of pressure. This is all of course assuming we win every game, we can even afford a draw at Everton if Liverpool get beat by Chelsea and don't beat Palace allowing us to play for the league on GD in the final game.

There could be a twist yet, doubtful but we will know on Sunday just whether we will have any chance. A Liverpool win and I'm afraid it is over before we even kick off in this game.

We play Villa after the Everton game.

inbetween said:

What utter defeatism before we have even kicked a ball

Football Gods can and do throw up all kinds of obstacles and unexpected events.

If Chelsea can lose at home to Sunderland, Liverpool can go to Palace and get beat, or at the very least draw. Have you seen their last 2 away games? Very unconvincing. I wouldn't back them to go anywhere at the moment and win because nerves are now affecting their game. Everything has gone their way so far, from penalty decisions to deflections etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.