Crystal Palace V Manchester City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so excited about this weekend's football and what we might achieve by close of play sunday evening.

I enjoyed our battling performance on Wednesday, grinding out a dirty victory; the first 30 mins were City of Sept/Oct 2013 - brilliant forward play, attacking in numbers, lots of chances and Harty being caught out on the break too!. I thought Aguero was on fire for the first 25 mins and inspired others to push on and attack the goal! Next match he'll be that much stronger and will last longer - he's just world class in his position! ( Zabba scored for goodness sake..... yesssssss).

Loosing David Silva is a blow, but not fatal, and if we are progressing AS A TEAM then we must expect players to 'step up to the line' and perform.

Chelski will absolutely go out to batter the dippers; Mourinho's false words today, about a weakened team, is more evidence of his facile mind games. He hates the dippers and so do his players and, technically, they still have a chance of winning the league!!!!!

The singing on Wednesday was massively improved and during the first half we created a really spirited atmosphere of support for the team; they manifestly enjoyed our chanting! Loved the signing of Edin's name.

I can't get to the game Sunday (poo) but I'll be glued to the box (all day). We are definitely building up our momentum again and players are gradually gaining confidence in their abilities to beat teams without our supposed "marquee signings" .

I think the forum will be a buzz sunday evening when the table will evidence our real opportunity to sprint past the dippers, at the last minute, and once again, cover our stadium with pictures of our second BPL title in two years!

The final game at home will be just unimaginably electric if we are, as I absolutely believe we will be, in a position to lift that BPL trophy. Come on boys lets shareour passion and belief that our boys can once again be the best team in the league. Blue Moon is rising.............again!

With Palace now safe I think the game may be more open than it would have been a few weeks ago.

Hopefully we test the keeper with shots when in good positions and not overplay, giving them chance to re-group.

2 nil to City!

Lancet Fluke said:
mancitytmdanttom said:
Lancet Fluke said:
There is nothing decent near Selhurst Park, it's a fucking shithole.

Thought it might have improved since my last visit

Pub most City fans will be heading for ?

I'm pretty sure Croydon will have improved immeasurably when they burnt quite a lot of it down in the 2011 riots.

I think we drank in a Weatherspoons near Norwood Junction last time I was there

Palace fan in peace here, been reading a few pages of your views on the game and it says so much about what our chairmen/Pulis have done for us, to have City fans saying it will be a tough game. Obviously your squad has superior players, and given the fact that our sole aim of this season has been achieved, I can definitely see a city win on the cards. I will be at SP enjoying the party atmosphere regardless of the score, hope your fans do their bit and your side beat, most importantly chelsea, but also liverpool, to the title come May 11th. Best of luck for the rest of this season (apart from our game) and next aswell (again apart from our 2 games!). COYP

Ljb said:
Palace fan in peace here, been reading a few pages of your views on the game and it says so much about what our chairmen/Pulis have done for us, to have City fans saying it will be a tough game. Obviously your squad has superior players, and given the fact that our sole aim of this season has been achieved, I can definitely see a city win on the cards. I will be at SP enjoying the party atmosphere regardless of the score, hope your fans do their bit and your side beat, most importantly chelsea, but also liverpool, to the title come May 11th. Best of luck for the rest of this season (apart from our game) and next aswell (again apart from our 2 games!). COYP

We have this problem, Ljb. You see, every team wants to beat us because were Manchester City.

If you win, you're gona celebrate as if you won the Champions League .

johnson28392 said:
Ljb said:

We have this problem, Ljb. You see, every team wants to beat us because were Manchester City.

If you win, you're gona celebrate as if you won the Champions League .
As would we.

As would anyone if they upset the form book.

Timing for us has just been a massive problem- Amazing how this could affect something as important as the title- Obviously the timing of our injuries hasn't helped (which i suppose could happen anytime) but always around the time the game is won or the big players could be subbed, Pellers prob maybe, but really does highlight this 'strongest squad' arguement really isn't the case as he doesn't seem to overly trust the players that could come in. But the fact we had the game called off v Sunderland and the game in hand because of the cup really hasn't helped us- it allowed Liverpool to take the initiative, get their fans hyped up and as a result they've had the momentum. As we are knackered and playing catchup. This weekend for example Liverpool have one their toughest games of the season where Chelsea are sandwiched between a champs league semi-final and have key players out. I would have also preferred to play Palace after Liverpool have played them- Playing them now whilst they are still on a high is a tough time whilst I can see them rolling over next week when they play the scouse. Small timings but I believe have made and could make a massive difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.