CSKA Moscow v City - Post match discussion

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Huge win by any means necessary, not a great performance, particularly wasteful, but the commentators were determined to underplay CSKA and make them seem like huge underdogs (Which they aren't) and we did what we needed to do, crucial win.

Their recent record would suggest they were underdogs, no win in 7 no goals in 5.

Top result,keeps the confidence going.Why does Schmeichel persist with telling the world that Utd won the league by 13 pts?

City have already earned more in CL performance bonuses (2x €1million for 2 wins) than from all 6 games last year (3x €500k for 3 draws).

Re: CSKA v Man City Post Match Thread

Eccles Blue said:
Are the Sky commentators always that biased? Because I don't have Sky I've never really heard them before but they were disgraceful tonight!! It was so obvious that they are disappointed that we won.

Disgraceful, you are supposed to be neutral Sky or at least not as biased as that!! I had to keep pressing mute on my computer they were so bad.

Sky have been biased against us for years. Every commentator and every pundit, except Souness ( always sound ) and believe it or not Neville ( unbiased and insightful comments ). Hats off to both of them.

just relieved we got something

Still think playing two strikers is utter madness but we won thank fuck

An excellent result tonight with a number of solid individual performances. I really don't think that City were as poor as so many posters are making out.

Our defence is still coming to terms with the high line system brought in by Mr P and with such aggresive forward thinking full backs, gaps are bound to appear for the opposition to run into.

In terms of match situations; the ref called their disallowed goal correctly but with Garcia and one of their's (is this OK Colin?) down, the game should have been stopped before the excellent late save from Hart.

We got lucky, really lucky with the Garcia challenge in the first half - stonewall penalty for me.

I am also really disappointed in the number of Blues making really nasty and unwarranted comments surrounding Dzeko. Just because we have all fallen in love with Negredo doesn't mean this club needs another scapegoat.

ifiwasarichfan said:
An excellent result tonight with a number of solid individual performances. I really don't think that City were as poor as so many posters are making out.

Our defence is still coming to terms with the high line system brought in by Mr P and with such aggresive forward thinking full backs, gaps are bound to appear for the opposition to run into.

In terms of match situations; the ref called their disallowed goal correctly but with Garcia and one of their's (is this OK Colin?) down, the game should have been stopped before the excellent late save from Hart.

We got lucky, really lucky with the Garcia challenge in the first half - stonewall penalty for me.

I am also really disappointed in the number of Blues making really nasty and unwarranted comments surrounding Dzeko. Just because we have all fallen in love with Negredo doesn't mean this club needs another scapegoat.
He's not another scapegoat - he's the same scapegoat as I could count on one hand how many good performances he's had for us in almost 3 years! Negredo has shown what a big striker should be bringing to our team and unfortunately Dzeko cannot do any of these things near to the level Negredo can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.