CSKA Moscow v City - Post match discussion

Should have battered these cnuts. Yet we ended up hanging on against a team that get beaten almost every week. Both our left backs are no longer good enough. Nasty get's worse by the game (Looks lost without Kompany beside him). Dzeko as poor as ever, his first touch has gone beyond a joke. Defo his last season with us. Yaya poor again (maybe the cnuts got to him). Navas disappointing again( not a game that would have suited him on that pitch). Silva and fernandiniho both played well and our front pairing of Kun and the beast looked great. Joe finally found some redemption, let's hope he's turned the corner. Manager seems oblivious to the frailties of out left side (as did his predecessor). We should make it through comfortably enough now but that will be it unless these problems are sorted before the knockout stages. What should have been a cosy victory ended up as a nailbiting finale. The old city lives still!

EaglesFan said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
AntiUnited said:
Pathetic.

Hahaha yeah course I am.Just say what I see.He is fucking tripe.I'd rather have a yth team player in. Everything about his game,touch,finishing,effort-totally shite.
That challenge on the edge of our box at the end summed him up-It was a "Fuck it I cant be arsed challenge"

And that last part IS truly pathethic about a striker who scores shitloads in ANY competion and any team he's been in throughout his career.

You can dislike him, but at least can do in a more objective manner - otherwise it just comes off ignorant.
To be fair, that attempted tackle was atrocious.

Great win, don't think we played that badly at all. Maybe it was the early kick off but this was still an away fixture in the UEFA Champions League...

Yaya could and maybe should have opened the scoring, Negredo and Dzeko could have had 2 apiece in terms of goal scoring chances and we also played a midfielder at CB in a CL fixture, away.

Big praise for Fernandinho, completely bossed it today imo. Thought Yaya was atrocious in the first half but stepped up in the second, although given what was happening during the game I don't really blame him if his mind was elsewhere at times.

Thought Navas was a good outlet and played well overall, today was probably the worst possible pitch conditions a player like him could face.

It's probably been covered already so I apologise if it has, but am I right in thinking that with a Bayern win tonight and a win over CSKA next matchday, we're through? They could only finish on 9 points max and we would already have 9 at that point and hold the head-to-head it goes by instead of GD? Or is my maths and logic terrible and stupid?

cleavers said:
lust overlord said:
cleavers said:
I wonder if some people commenting on our defenders really understand the reasons why we can look poor at the back, since Kolorov got some earlier in the thread.

I thought Zaba and Kolorov did what they were asked to do, and that is attack, which I thought they both did well. Unfortunately this causes problems in behind, and the centre backs get exposed. I thought Nastasic for the most part was good, and carried Garcia at times, but they get caught because we don't have covering fullbacks much of the time. The person to blame for this is the manager, but that is how he wants us to play, and if it keeps us winning then its working I guess, but it makes life uncomfortable.

It is uncomfortable to watch our defending nowadays and I'd put this mainly down to the tactics too.Zabba has deteriorated the most defensively imo especially when Kompany is absent
I think he's worried about covering the inexperience of the centre half pairing so consequently gets caught between two chairs.
I think its much more simple than that, they are expected to be high up the pitch as soon as we get possession, which means balls into the channels are more dangerous, the CB are meant to cover this, with Fernandhino covering the middle for either CB. Its the ultimate we'll outscore you tactic for me, when it clicks we are pretty unstoppable, had we taken the numerous first half chances, we'd have been over the horizon by half time.

I said to my lad tonight, I can see us scoring 7 or 8 in a game against someone this season, if we take our chances, but we will continue to conced what look like daft goals, and its mostly down to the fullback tactics, but that's the managers call.

I like it when it works, but it will cause us fans any number of heart attacks.

That's the thing with tactics,you see I thought managers look at the quality of the opposition and then adjust accordingly.Fair enough tonight's opposition weren't the best but it seems to me that the manager has set his stall and we aren't for changing.
We know what that got us v Bayern.I like the idea of us being an attacking side and entertaining,however I've got a nagging feeling that we would have set up the same even if Cska were in Bayerns class.Is Pellegrini the Chilean Keegan?
;)

That was a vital win but we should have made it easier for ourselves, surely at 2-1 up with 20 mins left you take Negredo or Aguero off and put Nasri on to keep control. We should be seeing the game out more comfortable than that with the players we have. Pellegrini only put 5 in midfield in the last couple of mins.

pudge said:
EaglesFan said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Hahaha yeah course I am.Just say what I see.He is fucking tripe.I'd rather have a yth team player in. Everything about his game,touch,finishing,effort-totally shite.
That challenge on the edge of our box at the end summed him up-It was a "Fuck it I cant be arsed challenge"

And that last part IS truly pathethic about a striker who scores shitloads in ANY competion and any team he's been in throughout his career.

You can dislike him, but at least can do in a more objective manner - otherwise it just comes off ignorant.

Great win, don't think we played that badly at all. Maybe it was the early kick off but this was still an away fixture in the UEFA Champions League...

Yaya could and maybe should have opened the scoring, Negredo and Dzeko could have had 2 apiece in terms of goal scoring chances and we also played a midfielder at CB in a CL fixture, away.

Big praise for Fernandinho, completely bossed it today imo. Thought Yaya was atrocious in the first half but stepped up in the second, although given what was happening during the game I don't really blame him if his mind was elsewhere at times.

Thought Navas was a good outlet and played well overall, today was probably the worst possible pitch conditions a player like him could face.

It's probably been covered already so I apologise if it has, but am I right in thinking that with a Bayern win tonight and a win over CSKA next matchday, we're through? They could only finish on 9 points max and we would already have 9 at that point and hold the head-to-head it goes by instead of GD? Or is my maths and logic terrible and stupid?

Nice post Pudge.

Yep you're right on us going through if we beat CSKA at home.

I actually think even if we draw that game, realistically, we'll still go through.

Good times.

B\connellblue said:
Should have battered these cnuts. Yet we ended up hanging on against a team that get beaten almost every week. Both our left backs are no longer good enough. Nasty get's worse by the game (Looks lost without Kompany beside him). Dzeko as poor as ever, his first touch has gone beyond a joke. Defo his last season with us. Yaya poor again (maybe the cnuts got to him). Navas disappointing again( not a game that would have suited him on that pitch). Silva and fernandiniho both played well and our front pairing of Kun and the beast looked great. Joe finally found some redemption, let's hope he's turned the corner. Manager seems oblivious to the frailties of out left side (as did his predecessor). We should make it through comfortably enough now but that will be it unless these problems are sorted before the knockout stages. What should have been a cosy victory ended up as a nailbiting finale. The old city lives still!
Give the home team some credit & respect they are not a pub team & have tons of Champions League experience

bigdavecox90 said:
BlueMoonWalker said:
Pitch is no excuse for that defence, it's not getting any better is it.

Just had the conversation with my Dad about why Garcia is being picked to play ahead of Lescott or even Micah at CB?!
Disgraceful by Pellers to send out a defence like that. He won't play Micah at CB because he's a right back yet he'll play Garcia out of position time after time.
As for the game, I thought we played some decent stuff considering the state of the pitch, and had Dzeko known where the goals were we'd have wrapped it up earlier and not had to rely on Joe to save a couple of points.
We'll have too much for them at home (or at least we should have) and even a draw will see us through assuming we beat Plzen in game 5.
Am I the only one having concerns about Pab Zab this season? He's been brilliant since he joined but things don't seem to be coming off at the moment. And I'm not the only one unconvinced by Navas but he's new and certainly gets back quickly to help the defence.
Finally Sergio, Sergio. Another two goals and that header was brave considering the keeper was leading with his foot.

East Level 2 said:
bigdavecox90 said:
BlueMoonWalker said:
Pitch is no excuse for that defence, it's not getting any better is it.

Just had the conversation with my Dad about why Garcia is being picked to play ahead of Lescott or even Micah at CB?!
Disgraceful by Pellers to send out a defence like that. He won't play Micah at CB because he's a right back yet he'll play Garcia out of position time after time.
As for the game, I thought we played some decent stuff considering the state of the pitch, and had Dzeko known where the goals were we'd have wrapped it up earlier and not had to rely on Joe to save a couple of points.
We'll have too much for them at home (or at least we should have) and even a draw will see us through assuming we beat Plzen in game 5.
Am I the only one having concerns about Pab Zab this season? He's been brilliant since he joined but things don't seem to be coming off at the moment. And I'm not the only one unconvinced by Navas but he's new and certainly gets back quickly to help the defence.
Finally Sergio, Sergio. Another two goals and that header was brave considering the keeper was leading with his foot.

Did we lose????

Stoned Rose said:
pudge said:
EaglesFan said:

Nice post Pudge.

Yep you're right on us going through if we beat CSKA at home.

I actually think even if we draw that game, realistically, we'll still go through.

Good times.
Good times indeed, to have a chance of progressing from the group with 2 games to spare? Some turn around of fortune, can't see us topping the group understandably but I'm sure we'll all take progressing first and foremost.

Really delighted with the result. If we beat CSKA at home in the next match we will have qualified for the knock-out stages with 2 games to spare. Now that is real progress. We need a full house and a great atmosphere for that game.

Sure there were things that weren't great about tonight's performance but all things considered I think Pellegrini is taking us in the right direction.

Have been willing Dzeko to do well ever since he arrived and had high hopes that he would do well under the new manager but I have to say that I am beginning to lose faith. I thought he started out pretty well this season but we now seem to be back where we started under Mancini. I think now, for the sake of his own career if nothing else, he needs to move on in Jan or summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.