CSKA Moscow v City - Post match discussion

kippaxblue76 said:
That was a vital win but we should have made it easier for ourselves, surely at 2-1 up with 20 mins left you take Negredo or Aguero off and put Nasri on to keep control. We should be seeing the game out more comfortable than that with the players we have. Pellegrini only put 5 in midfield in the last couple of mins.
I see your logic, but I've hardly ever seen a completely one sides match for 90 minutes.

They were always going to get a spell of pressure.

And to be honest, I thought we controlled the midfield for almost the whole game. Their best moments were by virtue of long pass.

We didn't play great, but we made a tonne of goalscoring opportunities. hopefully soon we'll start to take them and finish off teams.

bored at work said:
Well done all the players today - any nob that singles out individual players for criticism after that great victory in really difficult conditions can fuck off and go and support the scum or arsenal instead imo
Why? This thread is to discuss the performance after the game. If I just want to know the result I'll go to BBC Sport.

B\connellblue said:
Should have battered these cnuts. Yet we ended up hanging on against a team that get beaten almost every week. Both our left backs are no longer good enough. Nasty get's worse by the game (Looks lost without Kompany beside him). Dzeko as poor as ever, his first touch has gone beyond a joke. Defo his last season with us. Yaya poor again (maybe the cnuts got to him). Navas disappointing again( not a game that would have suited him on that pitch). Silva and fernandiniho both played well and our front pairing of Kun and the beast looked great. Joe finally found some redemption, let's hope he's turned the corner. Manager seems oblivious to the frailties of out left side (as did his predecessor). We should make it through comfortably enough now but that will be it unless these problems are sorted before the knockout stages. What should have been a cosy victory ended up as a nailbiting finale. The old city lives still!

Good Grief!

Ducado said:
B\connellblue said:
Should have battered these cnuts. Yet we ended up hanging on against a team that get beaten almost every week. Both our left backs are no longer good enough. Nasty get's worse by the game (Looks lost without Kompany beside him). Dzeko as poor as ever, his first touch has gone beyond a joke. Defo his last season with us. Yaya poor again (maybe the cnuts got to him). Navas disappointing again( not a game that would have suited him on that pitch). Silva and fernandiniho both played well and our front pairing of Kun and the beast looked great. Joe finally found some redemption, let's hope he's turned the corner. Manager seems oblivious to the frailties of out left side (as did his predecessor). We should make it through comfortably enough now but that will be it unless these problems are sorted before the knockout stages. What should have been a cosy victory ended up as a nailbiting finale. The old city lives still!

Good Grief!
Post of the thread.

Jumanji said:
kippaxblue76 said:
That was a vital win but we should have made it easier for ourselves, surely at 2-1 up with 20 mins left you take Negredo or Aguero off and put Nasri on to keep control. We should be seeing the game out more comfortable than that with the players we have. Pellegrini only put 5 in midfield in the last couple of mins.
I see your logic, but I've hardly ever seen a completely one sides match for 90 minutes.

They were always going to get a spell of pressure.

And to be honest, I thought we controlled the midfield for almost the whole game. Their best moments were by virtue of long pass.

I see what your saying about the 90 mins control but the last 20 mins we couldn't string 2 passes together, time and again we gave it away, with an extra midfielder like Nasri on instead of Dzeko we would have kept control better and not been hanging on.

samharris said:
Rocket Sauce said:
Great win tonight!!! I too, was concerned before kickoff when I saw Garcia on the team sheet. He did ok. He's not a centre half, so we have to keep that in mind when criticising.If anyone should come in for criticism about it, it's Pellegrini. But...and this is the most important part...we got the 3 points.

Overall, no complaints from me as we got the job done. Bring on Chelsea!!!!

maybe those criticising him dont know this..;)
Or perhaps they are criticising the manager for playing a midfielder out of position.

B\connellblue said:

You ever fucking happy about anything? Whinge, whinge, moan, moan. Great result on a shit pitch in fucking freezing conditions and you want silky football perfection. Clueless.

I'm With Stupid said:
I only saw the second half and I thought we looked quite shite. But I'll take a scrappy win away in Russia, in 0 degrees, on a plastic pitch that's all cut up. Now for two home games to finish the job.
Eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.