CSKA Moscow v City - Post match discussion

I thought Dzeko was a little unfortunate not to score at least one of those two chances

Sky pointing out that City could have conceded in the last moments, but we had more than our fair share of very good chances.

Garcia attracting criticism for not winning that header with Honda, and unfortunately for us it led to their goal, but I watched the entire game, and he won the majority of his challenges.

Critics are grasping at straws

carlosthejackal said:
Fantastic result, should have won by a mile, yet seem content to make the fans sweat till the end. Dzeko needs to grow a pair, obviously sulking again and played as though he couldnt give a shit. Seems as though he wants everything on his own terms.Never been a fan of Garcia , slow , ponderous, not the bravest, but at least he gives everything when asked to play, unlike Dzeko.

i`ll take that result on that shit tip. two home games against CSKA and Plzen coming up

Neil McNab said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Jumanji said:
I see your logic, but I've hardly ever seen a completely one sides match for 90 minutes.

They were always going to get a spell of pressure.

And to be honest, I thought we controlled the midfield for almost the whole game. Their best moments were by virtue of long pass.

I see what your saying about the 90 mins control but the last 20 mins we couldn't string 2 passes together, time and again we gave it away, with an extra midfielder like Nasri on instead of Dzeko we would have kept control better and not been hanging on.
Or we may have been pushed further back, mystic meg

If you keep the ball you have control and we all know its not Dzeko's strong point, the extra man in midfield also helps the defence and doesn't leave you as exposed, as we were.

A very important win on a diabolical pitch.

Didn't think our defending was as bad as some are claiming but we do need to work to get the balnce right. I would have liked to see Richards at CB in the absence of VK and MD.

20 shots away from home in the UCL is impressive and its a shame for our nerves that we didn't convert more of them but at least it gave Hart the chance to have a heroic moment.

A very good result although I was surprised how poor CSKA were.

I think we'll have quite a few very good away performances this season. But if MP persists with this system I also think we'll have too many bad results to win the league or progress past the group stage of the CL. Its not compact enough, too much space in midfield.

cleavers said:
Burtonblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Get the feeling it's already been mentioned but I was disgusted with the effort put in by Dzeko.
Only on the pitch for 20 mins or so and barely broke a sweat, the least we needed him to do was pressure their backline and he strolled around doing fuck all. Very poor.
Agree with this.
Didn't looked too bothered either when he missed two sitters.
Looked pissed off to be asked to come on at all.
Very disappointing.
Without wanting to open the pro Dzeko/anti Dzeko debate again, their disallowed goal was down to his lack of effort, he was the nearest player to Musa no more than a couple yards way, and did nothing to prevent the shot, nothing, at a very crucial point of the game. In that position you get anything in the way you can.
I think he is being eased out by the manager and knows it.
His attitude tonight indicated he could not be bothered.
Would not be surprised to see him ask for a transfer in jan.

Marvin said:
I thought Dzeko was a little unfortunate not to score at least one of those two chances

Sky pointing out that City could have conceded in the last moments, but we had more than our fair share of very good chances.

Garcia attracting criticism for not winning that header with Honda, and unfortunately for us it led to their goal, but I watched the entire game, and he won the majority of his challenges.

Critics are grasping at straws

While the loons continue in their attempts to take over the asylum.

Burtonblue said:
cleavers said:
Burtonblue said:
Agree with this.
Didn't looked too bothered either when he missed two sitters.
Looked pissed off to be asked to come on at all.
Very disappointing.
Without wanting to open the pro Dzeko/anti Dzeko debate again, their disallowed goal was down to his lack of effort, he was the nearest player to Musa no more than a couple yards way, and did nothing to prevent the shot, nothing, at a very crucial point of the game. In that position you get anything in the way you can.
I think he is being eased out by the manager and knows it.
His attitude tonight indicated he could not be bothered.
Would not be surprised to see him ask for a transfer in jan.

Yep the toys are well and truly out of the pram again. No one to blame but himself. First thing a player needs to give a manager is a decent shift.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.