CSKA Moscow v City - Post match discussion

Rammy Blue said:
Get the feeling it's already been mentioned but I was disgusted with the effort put in by Dzeko.
Only on the pitch for 20 mins or so and barely broke a sweat, the least we needed him to do was pressure their backline and he strolled around doing fuck all. Very poor.
Agree with this.
Didn't looked too bothered either when he missed two sitters.
Looked pissed off to be asked to come on at all.
Very disappointing.

kippaxblue76 said:
Jumanji said:
kippaxblue76 said:
That was a vital win but we should have made it easier for ourselves, surely at 2-1 up with 20 mins left you take Negredo or Aguero off and put Nasri on to keep control. We should be seeing the game out more comfortable than that with the players we have. Pellegrini only put 5 in midfield in the last couple of mins.
I see your logic, but I've hardly ever seen a completely one sides match for 90 minutes.

They were always going to get a spell of pressure.

And to be honest, I thought we controlled the midfield for almost the whole game. Their best moments were by virtue of long pass.

I see what your saying about the 90 mins control but the last 20 mins we couldn't string 2 passes together, time and again we gave it away, with an extra midfielder like Nasri on instead of Dzeko we would have kept control better and not been hanging on.
Or we may have been pushed further back, mystic meg

to be fair with dzeko today it must be hard to get up to speed in a match like that on that pitch in that weather after sitting on the bench for 70m, pelle should have left the beast on

Rammy Blue said:
Get the feeling it's already been mentioned but I was disgusted with the effort put in by Dzeko.
Only on the pitch for 20 mins or so and barely broke a sweat, the least we needed him to do was pressure their backline and he strolled around doing fuck all. Very poor.

Yeah, but you seen the context ie his interviews beforehand? He's clearly in a low place, sees himself as 4th choice, is lacking self confidence, and wondering about his future.
And before the replies come in about how much he earns & how hard we would try if we were in his shoes; well, we aren't.

Anyway, can't believe people aren't focussing on the bigger issue - Navas - a player who definitely isn't 4th choice but was sadly lacking tonight

dctid said:
just relieved we got something

Still think playing two strikers is utter madness but we won thank fuck
Playing two strikers isn't a problem, it's how you play with those two strikers, I thought 90 painful minutes against the krauts would have told you that.

Burtonblue said:
Rammy Blue said:
Agree with this.
Didn't looked too bothered either when he missed two sitters.
Looked pissed off to be asked to come on at all.
Very disappointing.
Without wanting to open the pro Dzeko/anti Dzeko debate again, their disallowed goal was down to his lack of effort, he was the nearest player to Musa no more than a couple yards way, and did nothing to prevent the shot, nothing, at a very crucial point of the game. In that position you get anything in the way you can.

Fantastic result, should have won by a mile, yet seem content to make the fans sweat till the end. Dzeko needs to grow a pair, obviously sulking again and played as though he couldnt give a shit. Seems as though he wants everything on his own terms.Never been a fan of Garcia , slow , ponderous, not the bravest, but at least he gives everything when asked to play, unlike Dzeko.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.