CSKA Post Match Thread

mad zab said:
bitsmith said:
This is not manager's fault. Same shit happening with both Mancini and Pellegrini, it's obvious that this group of players have some giant blockade when it comes to performances in Europe.

Of course it is

He was the one who took our best player off (Silva) and left a passenger on (Toure)

Just another manager who is afraid of making big decisions

Silva was as poor as Ya Ya in my opinion but Milner was even worse. Sergio disappeared and Zab was shocking

dennistueartismyhero said:
It's obviously not going to be recorded anywhere but let's face it, these officials know how to curry favour with their paymasters, in UEFAs mind the officials tonight played a blinder, just like in Munich and last year in Barca.
We should withdraw from the competition, get our money back and concentrate on pissing the league every year, leave the CL to the corrupt cartel.
100% agree, its just pathetic & everyone now knows whats going on . We will never be allowed to progress in this corrupt competition.Glad I fucked it off.

heslops barnet said:
mad zab said:
bitsmith said:
This is not manager's fault. Same shit happening with both Mancini and Pellegrini, it's obvious that this group of players have some giant blockade when it comes to performances in Europe.

Of course it is

He was the one who took our best player off (Silva) and left a passenger on (Toure)

Best player Silva. You watch the same match as me? Continuously gave the ball away
he was better than the lazy lazy **** toure...

city91 said:
We need to stop trying to run before we can walk in Europe and go back to basics. We need to forget about playing our style of football because it quite evidently is not working. It is no coincidence that our best performance in the competition in the past 4 seasons was against Bayern with are second string side.

Lets just put out a side so we don't get beat, use our strengths in a different way.

Team for the rest of the campaign:

--------------------------------------------------------------- Hart -----------------------------------------------------------------
Zabba ---------------------------------- Vinny --------------------- Mangala/ Demichellis -------------------- Clichy
------------------------------------------------------- Fernando ------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------- Fernandinho ------------------------ Yaya -------------------------------------------------------
Navas -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kolarov
------------------------------------------------------ Dzeko -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets get men behind the ball and break with pace. Use Edin like he was at Wolfsberg and playing him in a counter attacking team. At least we will have the option of bringing on Silva and Aguero off the bench but it just seems that we cannot play to their strengths in this competition.

Yeah, worked really well against Barca at home.

Can't believe we keep making the same mistakes in the CL, we're just not good enough though at the end of the day.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
blueinsa said:

He is spot fucking on.

Yes we were crap but don't turn on the players and manager. Had the c**t in black done his job we would have won.

We can't do anything about corrupt officials.

We are unique in English football in so much as joke decisions continually get given against us in Europe, whereas Liverpool, Chelsea and the rest get them in their favour.

That said, I'm not buying the 'blame the ref' argument, because that was one of the worst 45 minutes of the Sheikh Mansour era and we deserved exactly what we got. We have one way of playing and no-one with the pace or trickery to go past a man with the ball, and once they brought on a forward with precisely those qualities, we simply fell apart. This squad has never had the attributes to succeed in Europe and we have demonstrated that time and time again. Some of the crossfield passing in the 2nd half was the most brainless I've ever seen against a counterattacking team. Zabaleta, Milner, Ya Ya, Kolarov, Fernando, even Silva, it was a toss-up as to who stank the most. Wretched.

I completely agree. Just not good enough tonight or in this competition full stop.

It would be nice to get the odd thing go our way though.

moomba said:
As poor as we were in the second half, we can't ignore the refereeing. Don't know how many nailed on penalties we havent been given since we got back into the comp, but I hope the club have a video of them ready to send to UEFA and the press.

It won't do us any good complaining about the refs as it will only be viewed it as the rich boys crying poor.

It will be viewed as another City failure on the " big stage ".

You don't deserve to progress when you give up a 2 goal lead against weaker opposition.

Its not the end of the world as eventually things will click for us in Europe bent refs or otherwise.

heslops barnet said:
mad zab said:
bitsmith said:

Of course it is

Best player Silva. You watch the same match as me? Continuously gave the ball away

He was diabolical in first 15 minutes.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
We fucked ourselves, pathetic to blame officiating.

A bit like the sun coming up each day, referees make shit decisions.

If only our talent matched our arrogance and naivety.

Time to face facts, this set of players don't have the urgency required to play at this level.

And just like the bollocks performance against Blackburn in the FA Cup, which ensured another game we could have done without, we're now looking at an extended campaign in the Europa League.

Pellegrini has shown far too much loyalty to certain players, who have repaid him and the club by mugging him off.

The elephant in the room remains the liability which is Toure.

He's offering nowt and much more of this and we will have to pay him off to join another club.

Exactly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.