CSKA Post Match Thread

It's the punishment of Thursday night football that worries me. If Roma win tonight we really need to consider writing to UEFA and conceding all our games:)

Let Moscow have the luxury of that!ll

NanaToure42 said:
we have the talent and ability.

we have the money backing us.

we have the staff.

we have the support.

we have the league.

we don't have the mentality to win in the champions league. Its that simple.

I'm not sure if its underestimating the opponent, or some sort of champions league psychological mind fuck, but midway thru the 4th year of this shit its clear this competition just isn't for us. Not yet at least.

Did anyone expect anything different, because I didn't. As soon as I saw that group I knew we would struggle again. We failed to beat Napoli and Dortmund who where the key sides to beat in them groups and looks like we will fail to beat Roma. Just can't see us beating Roma away from home. We looked hopeless at bayern aswell, we're no way near champions league winning standard.

Pigeonho said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
mad zab said:
I agree with you regarding Toure Tolmie

However, you are letting off Pellegrini......he continues to play 442 in a competition that we have done nothing in and then wonder why we keep failing

It isn't the Premier League with technically inferior players. Most teams have players who can play and if you give them an inch they will take advantage.

It may be harsh, but I believe we should be asking serious questions of the manager's ability to get it right in Europe.

get klopp in for me
Really..!
You want pellegrini out?
And I get called a fucking rag!!

That's because you are a fucking rag!!!

As for Pellegrini he is doing a good job of wanting himself out!!

MeatHunterrr said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Fucking naïve beyond belief from our manager, shut it down at 0-2 and play on the break, way to open, clean sheet at all costs but he just plays the same way every game. He needs to adapt to situations quickly but is found wanting badly again in this completion. Not many of us can stand Mourhino but there is no way one his teams would have let that slip.
Because he has been told to do that by Txiki and Soriano. If you have listened what those spaniards have said in the interviews in the past. They don't want manager to be defensive.

So you are telling me that if he had shut up shop and we had won 2-0 that they would have preffered the 2-2 ??

simon23 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We fucked ourselves, pathetic to blame officiating.

A bit like the sun coming up each day, referees make shit decisions.

If only our talent matched our arrogance and naivety.

Time to face facts, this set of players don't have the urgency required to play at this level.

And just like the bollocks performance against Blackburn in the FA Cup, which ensured another game we could have done without, we're now looking at an extended campaign in the Europa League.

Pellegrini has shown far too much loyalty to certain players, who have repaid him and the club by mugging him off.

The elephant in the room remains the liability which is Toure.

He's offering nowt and much more of this and we will have to pay him off to join another club.

Scapegoating yaya is so predictable......the manager is at fault for the basic poor tactical decision of playing a midfield 2 again that is too easy to play around...his tactics are hanging out the players to dry...its happenign time and time again and was there before we scored today and is present in every single game.....happened vs spurs numerous times but we got a way with it especaily in the first half...There are huge gaps infront of our back 4....yes its because yaya cannt defend BUT WE ALL KNOW THAT!!!!!!! so why keep asking him to do that....let him do what he is best a....ply him in a 5 man midfield in europe and we would be fine.

Im in no way saying MP should be sacked but HE IS TO BLAME for showing a complete lack of tactical flexibility

hart

zabba - kompany ----mangala ----clichy

----fernnado-------- fernadihnio

jovetic----------yaya--------silva-----

--------------Aguero---------------------------

milners lack of quality really shows in europe (He may of scored toinght and worked hard but he was very poor) as it does when he plays for England

Kolorov is a defensive liability (regardless of whether it was a penalty or not he is a huge weak link) - clichy is the far better defender and kolorov ball watches and gets caught constantly with the ball in behind him...not just tonight but in all the big games he plays in.

the set up above is much more solid while still attacking enough to get you goals...jovetic is adaptable enough and intelligent enough to play deeper and wider (he can also defend while having the the ability to play intelligent passes and support aguero ................. navas is less effective against sides who park the bus

having the 2 covering midfields free up yaya and also stops us relying on silva to defend and track back as much while fernandihnio has the engine to play box to box while knowing fernando is covering him as well.

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
Going to be very difficult now barring a set of unlikely results the Europa league beckons I'm afraid. We desperately need some pace in the middle of the pitch and on the flanks to because at this level we are very predictable and our slow tempo and ticki tacka style is very outdated and to easy to play against. Wouldn't say it's all Pellegrinis fault though as Begeristan is trying to encourage the same football philosophy as at Barca but the game has moved on now and that style of play won't get us anywhere in the Champs league
we simply dont have the person el playing wise as barca..trying to run before we can walk is unacceptable

Come on blues we can still get through!

Bayern to beat Roma twice! Come on! We are more than capable beating Roma away!

zandvoort blue said:
Worst 45 minute performance in a long long time. Sitting back against a bang average CSKA side thinking the job was done. What the f+ck was Navas all about coming on and dicking about with the ball. Obviously under instructions, but poor tactical instructions.

As for Doumbia squealing like a little girl trying to get Fernando sent off, and then getting up to score.

But the blame lays at the door of the manager and the players.
We always seem to do this in europe don't know if it's the manager or the players but even against Roma we played well got the lead then sat back and invited pressure and sooner or later we concede. We need to start reshaping our squad and getting the right balance can't keep blaming just the manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.