CSKA Post Match Thread

kippaxblue76 said:
moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Anybody want to challenge my belief from a few weeks ago that Pellegrini has taken us as far as he can?
I think he needs to develop a bit more pragmatism at times.

Exactly. Same old same old.

I think he can take us further. I think he should go to Aguero alone up top. And Silva playing the floating role. No point to play 2 strikers if they don't work well with each other. Dzeko may not like it but he's best utilized as a supersub. I think when Sami gets back we'll play more of a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1. The question is can he figure out this Yaya situation. especially with Lampard going down. Id rather see the Fern brothers in the XI at the weekend. Give Yaya the Joe Hart treatment. If he wants to play, he'll pick it up. if not we can move on. He's an amazing talent but his legs look 5 years heavier than they did last year when he couldn't stop scoring.

I'm starting to worry a little about mangala as well. I think he and Fernando will really find their own in the next few months. Much like Fernandinho last year.

Again it was so fucking predictable, even if they did get a dodgy pen, you could sense they were going to equalize.

We do this so often in assuming a game is over and sitting back when we just aren't capable of shutting up shop. In the Prem we can generally get away with it but it's not going to happen in Europe.

Bag of bollocks.

shemnel said:
i think if people are blaming the ref and the penalty decision for the reason we ended up drawing should really learn how to watch football matches. We f*cked it up, City f*cked it up, it was fairly straight forward panic and sloppiness, some very similar mistakes to the Tottenham game actually with poor passes in our own third.

anyway, not pouring too much scorn on the team, just should have seen it out

There is a lot of truth in that. You could say the ball should never have got near the penalty area for the penalty, you could say Edin should have scored before the penalty that wasn't given to us. You could say a lot of things but just as the players should do their job, the referee should do his. These shite decisions do matter and they are stacking up against us in this competition.

Look at how amazing we made Roma look and look at how ordinary Bayern are making them look in their back yard. Light years behind.

It's all looking abit 2012/13 isn't it

Crashing out of Europe at the first stage

Off the pace in the league from an early stage

We're a new manager and 2 World Class players away from doing it in Europe

Pep, Pogba and Reus in summer for me, pay whatever it takes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.