CSKA Post Match Thread

Mistakes by the management and certain players this evening... no doubt about it, but I suggest we do not completely ignore the influence of this already suspect referee. I don't entertain that there is an agenda against us but I do believe there is continuing corruption at a variety of levels.

The fact is he was instrumental in determining the outcome of this match and without his interventions and lack of responses to situations we would have won the game.

He failed to award a clear and obvious penalty in the first half for Edin Dzeko and his colleague officiating behind the goal also ignored it.

How he didn't book Doumbia for diving is beyond me. His officials also chose to ignore this incident.

My suspicion and that is all it is ; is that the referee and his team took the opportunity the players presented them to effect the outcome of this game. Hopefully continuing suspicions against this referee and others will lead to further monitioring and investigations and actions.. however I won't be holding my breath.

pml79 said:
Armaan said:
Look at how amazing we made Roma look and look at how ordinary Bayern are making them look in their back yard. Light years behind.
We avnt got players like roben out wide who are dangerous we have no runners with the ball who take people on and go past them
2-0 now, robben not even involved in the goal this time. Fancy us to do this in Rome? Bayern are a dream to watch.

Tonight was a collective failure and singling out individual players does not help.

This result was not the manager's sole fault either but I was constantly telling my TV before they scored that we needed to go for three in central midfield and I do mean three; not just playing a midfielder in a forward's role. However, that does not excuse the players for their lack of game control in the second half: it should not have prevented us playing a possession game and controlling the match.

I am aware of the technical weaknesses in the squad when it comes to UCL but I still believe that these are hugely exacerbated but mental weakness in this competition.

One general concern I have at the moment is that we are not organised enough defensively ; in a way that we were at the end of last season. Part of the issue there might be bedding in Mangala but it was very evident against Spurs and Mangala was not involved then.

Mister Appointment said:
Awful officiating. You just can't get away from it. It effected the result whether we like it or not.

As to the tactics, I think if you watched the first half then you know the level they can play at. You can't legislate for every one of our attacking four/five players being very very poor collectively and individually in the second half.

I said before the game it was a must win. We haven't. What that says about Pellegrini, it's difficult to say. I think it's almost impossible that he'll be sacked next summer but he'll be acutely aware of how important the CL is and this is his second shot at it and we haven't looked any better.

We need to dust ourselves down because we go to West Ham this weekend and in the weekly narrative that's just become a big game.

Maybe, just maybe, we should change tactics for European games?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.