CSKA Post Match Thread

Just had a text from a mate calling us flat track bullies, can't really argue tbh

dobobobo said:
Pigeonho said:
dobobobo said:
About what?

Stuff that aint on topic.
You need to open your eyes. It is on topic. I created a thread in astonishment at posters calling for pellegrini's head. Thst thread was in the process of being merged, unknown to us at the time, and ended up looking like Man City X had created it, with my original post deleted, so no one knew what the fuck was going on. Then I saw my OP here, hence the 'ahhhh Thats what happened to my thread'. So you see, it is on topic.

It was like our distinctly ordinary 2nd half performance in Moscow this time last year when we almost contrived to throw a win away with an insipid 2nd half show, just like today in fact so we learnt zip all from last year.
Last 15 minutes were poor, misplaced passes putting ourselves under pressure against a team who put us under zip all pressure doing the 95 minutes.
2nd half up front was poor, we started sloppy and carried on that way plus we had 1 shot on target in the 2nd half? Dzeko should have been off earlier and Jovetic on earlier, his pace and creativity plus ability to hang onto the ball and bring others into play are a big advantage in Europe.
Still, Samir will be back soon and we have missed him in Europe.

At some stage the management are going to have to look at what's going wrong in the Champions League and set about finding some solutions. It's clear that the majority of fans aren't arsed about the competition as such, and I include myself in that list, but the club and the owners most definitely are. Whatever we think about the corruption that seems to influence every aspect of the CL that performance in the second half was excruciating to watch and embarrassing. All the bent refs in Europe should not have been able to prevent us winning that match and everyone at the club should know that and address the problem.

as pathetic as we were in the second half the result doesn't change an awful lot.
we were always going to need to get a result in Rome.

The biggest difference between the CL and the PL is that the opponents ruthlessly expose your weaknesses. In the PL we can stroll past the majority of teams with our players giving only 75% as long as one of our key players gives 100%. However, the CL is a different kettle of fish.

We need to stop playing players out of position and pick a team based on who is best suited to the specific role rather than how big a name they are. Unfortunately that means that some of the 'bigger names' are going to miss out but it is crucial if we are to fulfil our potential.

Silva is not a wide midfielder, he plays his best football just behind the striker in the number 10 role. This is the only position Yaya can play without being a liability in the defensive side of the game. Pellegrini needs to choose which one of them he prefers in Europe because we cannot successfully use both of them at the same time.

We need wide midfielders who will track back and get forward something which Silva does not do.

We need centre midfielders who can keep possession, close down opponents and win the ball. Yaya may be a master at keeping the ball at times but he does not defend.

A midfield duo of Fern and Nando with Silva just in front is much better suited to the CL.

Also a wide midfielder who can beat a man and deliver a cross must be our priority in the summer. Unfortunately the man who was perfect for the role has joined United but someone in the same mould in a must.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.