CSKA Post Match Thread

GoMancini7 said:
Its CSKA striker , Musa before the game:

We're going to use that advantage because in the couple of two games they played they are not that good," he said.
"We know their weak point - they are very weak in their defence - so we are going to try to do our best to work against that."

If even a team like CSKA knows our weaknesses and able to punish it even tell it before the game like this thats really fucking sad and reflects bad on the manager.
Yet a pre eir league title and league cup in his first year I charge says otherwise. I'm stunned these lists slating the manager aren't being more heavily criticised, yet posters like me who question those posts get accused of stirring shit.

crmcfc said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
crmcfc said:
Its fair that Pellergrini is getting some stick on here a Sunday league manager would have known to play one up front tonight any one with a brain said so beforehand.

But how do you legislate for Kompany, Zabaleta, Silva, Toure Milner (obviously), Fernando and Dzeko all turning in absolutely shambolic performances in the 2nd half that from a professional point of view beggared belief. No matter what formation or tactics you have would not have worked the way they were playing. They need a good bollocking (but from who? its easy come easy go at the club) there is more to it than picking you money up in these games we are undone time and time again in CL.

I am sorry everyone but we need to talk about James (aka Jimmy, Jamie) at some point....but not tonight......

You missed Mangala, Kolorov and Navas from that list.

Well yes but did not think they where quite as bad plus we already know Mangala, Navas and Kolarov are not up to so its not such a surprise from them.

We won't know whether Navas is up to it until he takes on his man or runs with pace into the box to put pressure on the defenders, the same way Robben does. Why he instead turns and runs back and across or passes back I can never understand. He must be under orders. Seems a waste of his pace and talent.

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Anybody want to challenge my belief from a few weeks ago that Pellegrini has taken us as far as he can?
I think he needs to develop a bit more pragmatism at times.
Absolutely. The essential outcome tonight was to get 3 points. Nothing more, nothing less, even it that meant winning a bit ugly. I was a bit surprised that he didn't change things at half time, with us being 2-0 up. Take off Dzeko or Aguero, bring on Clichy and push Kolarov into midfield then get Milner to sit in front of Zabaleta. Take Toure off and bring Fernandinho on, pushing Silva up behind the striker. Then we've got two banks of 4 who can all defend, but with options (in Milner, Kolarov and 'Dinho) to go forward if we get a good chance.

But we did exactly what we laughed at Liverpool for doing at Palace last season and chased the game when we really needed to control it and hang onto what we had. I'm absolutely furious with Pellegrini and I hope Txiki kicks his arse all the way back home for that.

Agree about not shutting the game down. Our refusal to do what needs to be done in the CL is bordering on the bizarre. I wondered at HT if we would change it but I could see why giving it 10 mins or so was not the worst idea; but after 10 mins and seeing that they had come out to play we should have put bodies in midfield and made sure we did not lose control of the game.

It is this lack of control that drives me insane at times. And when we start to lose control everything starts to unravel and we end up with another disappointing result. Yet we keep repeating the pattern. Why? I really do not get this refusal to learn from past mistakes. In addition we have a mentality issue in the CL which we still have not resolved in our 4th season. We say all the right things, make all the right noises but we ain't convincing anyone here.

mad zab said:
Don Karleone said:
All our own fault then eh?

Decent ref and that was a win!

Denied a stonewall penalty and don'teven get me started on the penalty they were given!!!!

Champions league can fuck off!

Stop making excuses!!

FFS we had the game in the bag and the manager should have been tactically aware enough to shut the game down

You could see there goal coming a good ten minutes before it arrived

Then when they do score he takes off Dzeko for Navas....then Silva for Fernandihno

Personally he should have taken first Aguerro of and then Toure...who by that time was just letting players run by him

You cannot just blame pellers - the players need to step up to what needs to be done

i thought that i'd take the time to calm down and settle before entering the post match thread, the last thing i wanted to do was to over react in the heat of the moment.

After taking time out to consider the whole picture rationally, i have come to the conclusion that it was a fucking shambles and we got exactly what we deserved. No point blaming the ref, that was all down to us. we were shite.

MP needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask himself if he is up to the job.
Yaya put in his usual champions league performance.
Our tactics in the second half were abysmal.
If ever there was a time to go with one up front and pack the midfield it is when you are 2:0 up away in Europe.

Nowhere near good enough at this level, we are kidding ourselves.

mad zab said:
Don Karleone said:
All our own fault then eh?

Decent ref and that was a win!

Denied a stonewall penalty and don'teven get me started on the penalty they were given!!!!

Champions league can fuck off!

Stop making excuses!!

FFS we had the game in the bag and the manager should have been tactically aware enough to shut the game down

You could see there goal coming a good ten minutes before it arrived

Then when they do score he takes off Dzeko for Navas....then Silva for Fernandihno

Personally he should have taken first Aguerro of and then Toure...who by that time was just letting players run by him
Correct, the only people to blame is the players and manager

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
inchy14 said:
kp789 said:
Roma are getting hammered by Bayern, who we lost to by the slimmest of margins so what does that say about us?

And Bayern only won 1-0 in Moscow with a fucking penalty. To many slapped arses on here, we're not out of this by a fucking long shot yet.
Beat Moscow and hope Munich destroy Roma again, in out hands still.

Funny isn't it, how Bayern get a penalty, we're denied a stoner and the ref shafts us with a fictitious one!

Have Bayern, Madrid, Barca, MANUre ever been on the shitty end of that kind of thing? I suspect not!

No probably not.

I'd love to know how many key incorrect decisions we've had against us in this corrupt competition now. Anyone want to work it out? I can't be arsed but I guess it'll be double figures.

I simply cannot believe what I watched; we were all over them during the first half, but still looked a bit vulnerable on the counter.

What the flying fuck happened at half time I do not know, nobody could pass or tackle properly (or even at all at times!); for all the talent we have it all fell apart, and then didn't change tactics or formation when they first scored - I said to my son there's no way we'll win like this (he's only 3, so didn't understand what I meant but hey), and sure enough we gave away the cheapest penalty of all time and threw it all away - AGAIN ffs

Why stay at 4-4-2 when they were drifting through our midfield? Why keep Yaya on when he was doing fuck all useful for the millionth time? Pellers has a lot to answer for, I'm not demanding he gets the chop at all, but he needs a fucking bollocking and a half for that, along with the players, talk about 'typical City'!

Palerider said:
Disappointing to say the least. Once again playing 4-4-2 in the Champions League results in us blowing it. Time and time again it has been proven that not conceding is more important than scoring. We need a major tactical rethink to progress. We also need Bayern to win tonight but a draw will suit both them and Roma so a 0-0 draw on the cards.

tottally agree, playing 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 with yaya as one of the midfielders is not going to work for us in europe from what we have seen in last 3 years n champions league it has to be said that playing with 2 strikers though might get us goals but we lose control of the match .
today with a two goal lead we should have just kept the ball but we just couldnt .

teams in europe have become aware of our gung ho style of football with an inadequate defense .
our perfomance today was no different to how we play in premier league.we go all attack and after getting one or two goals we never take control of the game by keeping the ball and opposing teams always gets some chance to get goals .
The difference is that in the league when we attack we score more than 2 or 3 goals and teams just give up against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.