CSKA Post Match Thread

Pigeonho said:
Let's have it right, CSKA and Roma would represent, at present, Palace and Southampton respectively. We should be beating both these teams, we being the players.
Agreed... But on that scale for comparison we are only Spurs (say) to BM and RM being the City and the chavs.... Yes?

Don Karleone said:
All our own fault then eh?

Decent ref and that was a win!

Denied a stonewall penalty and don'teven get me started on the penalty they were given!!!!

Champions league can fuck off![/quote

Totally agree 100%

Not read the whole thread so not sure if this has been mentioned.

Why was Aguero left on against 10 man Spuds after the 3rd goal? I know he scored a 4th, but I'd rather him be a bit fresher for the second half tonight.

When we was under the cosh at Hull, Pellers brought MD on to sit in front of the back 4. Worked a treat. Surprised he's not considered this option more. Last 20 mins we were crying out for his composure.

BigJoe#1 said:
Pigeonho said:
Let's have it right, CSKA and Roma would represent, at present, Palace and Southampton respectively. We should be beating both these teams, we being the players.
Agreed... But on that scale for comparison we are only Spurs (say) to BM and RM being the City and the chavs.... Yes?
But they're not in our group.

Pigeonho said:
BobKowalski said:
Pigeonho said:
Yet a pre eir league title and league cup in his first year I charge says otherwise. I'm stunned these lists slating the manager aren't being more heavily criticised, yet posters like me who question those posts get accused of stirring shit.

The two issues are not mutually exclusive. We do have a weakness in defence. We had it last season too but our strategy is to overwhelm with superior players/firepower and in the PL we invariably make it work. In the CL this strategy does not work. This season in the PL we now have a comparable opponent in Chelsea so it remains to be seen whether we make it work again.

But in the CL what we do now simply does not work and hoping it does is not a viable plan.

behave .... Roma are more like Arsenal and CSKA are closer to Spurs/Everton. they are quality teams, not automatic 3 pointers.

From 2011 to 2014 we've won 4 trophies including 2 premier leagues. So those talking about wholesale changes to management and players are talking nonsense. The club in the main is getting things right.

Europe is the next frontier and after that shambolic second half display let's hope they show some leadership. I am sure the execs will be speaking to Pellegrini about the european "problem". Players, coach and management need to step up when it comes to Europe and it needs to happen quickly.

Forget that we're a million miles away from Bayern, Real etc., the first step is to have the confidence and mentality to routinely beat the second and third tier clubs. It's frustrating that we don't, but you've got to believe that it will come.

Prestwich_Blue said:
moomba said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Anybody want to challenge my belief from a few weeks ago that Pellegrini has taken us as far as he can?
I think he needs to develop a bit more pragmatism at times.
Absolutely. The essential outcome tonight was to get 3 points. Nothing more, nothing less, even it that meant winning a bit ugly. I was a bit surprised that he didn't change things at half time, with us being 2-0 up. Take off Dzeko or Aguero, bring on Clichy and push Kolarov into midfield then get Milner to sit in front of Zabaleta. Take Toure off and bring Fernandinho on, pushing Silva up behind the striker. Then we've got two banks of 4 who can all defend, but with options (in Milner, Kolarov and 'Dinho) to go forward if we get a good chance.

But we did exactly what we laughed at Liverpool for doing at Palace last season and chased the game when we really needed to control it and hang onto what we had. I'm absolutely furious with Pellegrini and I hope Txiki kicks his arse all the way back home for that.

agreed txiki needs have a word with pellegrini re the formation we should be playing and changing to a more modern formation like 4-3-3
.playing a 4-2-2-2 formation with 2 strikers might get us goals but as we have seen we can not control poessesion for 90 minutes against teams in europe and oppposing teams will always create chances .
having scored 2 goals we should have played keep ball and bored their pants off but we were never in control and let them back into the game
This also happens in our league games unless we score 3 or more goals and opposition gives up we seem to be always open to giving up leads .

pellegrini should change his style or go

I personally think this group of players have reached their level in the Champs League. We need to bring in 3-4 quality players would aren't tainted with Champions League failure.

Fucking same old fucking same fucking old.

Garbage performance, some players worse than garbage, predictable result.

Same as fucking usual. I don't know why I am even surprised.

We need to completely give up on the CL until we have a new squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.