Spurs = City
Southampton = Roma
Palace = CSKA

more like ...

Chelsea = BM
City = City
Arsenal = Roma
Spurs = CSKA
True, but I was trying to keep with Pigeonhos comparison with Palace and Southampton.

Utterly pathetic second half performance. So bad part of me actually thinks the players threw the game. It was that bad it was unacceptable for this football club.

Appalling!

Were 2,3 levels behind in Europe,if you analyse the quality of teams like bayer,Madrid,barca
You need jose bus against this bayern team

GeekinGav said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
GeekinGav said:
havent seen the game yet ..... but something tells me that Vinnie wasn't happy with Mangala for some reason ....

_78435622_cityplayersprotest.jpg

He's telling him not to buy the pizzas from Pizza Hut!

i thought he was just saying "look ... i dont need gloves and long sleeves and i can still not give away daft tackles" ... or something to that effect. was it Mangala that conceded the pen?

No. He was saying. "I told you Kolorov is a liability defensively, you need to clear the fucking ball before he gets anywhere near it"

Pigeonho said:
BobKowalski said:
Pigeonho said:
Yet a pre eir league title and league cup in his first year I charge says otherwise. I'm stunned these lists slating the manager aren't being more heavily criticised, yet posters like me who question those posts get accused of stirring shit.

The two issues are not mutually exclusive. We do have a weakness in defence. We had it last season too but our strategy is to overwhelm with superior players/firepower and in the PL we invariably make it work. In the CL this strategy does not work. This season in the PL we now have a comparable opponent in Chelsea so it remains to be seen whether we make it work again.

But in the CL what we do now simply does not work and hoping it does is not a viable plan.
Let's have it right, CSKA and Roma would represent, at present, Palace and Southampton respectively. We should be beating both these teams, we being the players.

We should. But we don't. You can always rationalise individual games but we have a pattern of failure over 4 CL campaigns that is impossible to deny. The club needs to analyse why and it's not just 'oh change the manager/players etc' but we need to look at how we approach, prepare and play the European games because what we do right now is simply not working.

scousemanc said:
From 2011 to 2014 we've won 4 trophies including 2 premier leagues. So those talking about wholesale changes to management and players are talking nonsense. The club in the main is getting things right.

Europe is the next frontier and after that shambolic second half display let's hope they show some leadership. I am sure the execs will be speaking to Pellegrini about the european "problem". Players, coach and management need to step up when it comes to Europe and it needs to happen quickly.

Forget that we're a million miles away from Bayern, Real etc., the first step is to have the confidence and mentality to routinely beat the second and third tier clubs. It's frustrating that we don't, but you've got to believe that it will come.

Well said Sir (I think, about the Sir that is)!

It's just all so predictable. We lose or draw against the shit teams and lose against the good teams. I am completely and utterly fucked off with the whole thing. This is four fucking years now of the same old shite, year in, year out,

New manager, new players, same tune.

We *cannot* blame the ref again and again and again. We should have been 3 or 4 up and out of sight in the first half. And second half we should have put our foot on the gas and finished it off, having failed to do so in the first half.

Oh, and another thing, that **** - I can't remember the twats name - who deserves an Oscar for trying to get Mangala sent off when there was fuck all wrong with the challenge, and then the penalty nonsense, is a fucking cheat. If I was still playing, I would fucking do him in the 2nd leg, make no mistake,

Gonna win fuck all this season of we have to play every game with 10 men...get yaya out of the team until he's got his head straight.

Citizen in Pakistan said:
Were 2,3 levels behind in Europe,if you analyse the quality of teams like bayer,Madrid,barca
You need jose bus against this bayern team

Pellegrini doesn't have the tactically know how to pull it off.

You can set your clock by his substitutions and changes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.