CSKA Post Match Thread

I think we all agree the second half performance was as bad as we've seen for some time and thankfully the likes of which we aren't used to anymore, that said I don't buy all this talk of not been able to win ugly etc etc. If the ref doesn't give a cheap penalty we'd all be saying how we had won ugly. Complacency cost us tonight not tactics.

Two ways of looking at this result, is it really a shock the players didn't give a fuck, the draws have been a farce, uefa have tried their best to fuck us over at every opportunity and from every angle, seeded lower than our premier rivals, squad restrictions, financial penalties, referees are below the lowest standard of integrity imaginable and no matter what we do we're doomed to fail in this competition, empty stadiums, freezing conditions you name it its coming ourway.
OR,
It's Pellegrini and yayas fault.

littlemarkyc said:
Gonna win fuck all this season of we have to play every game with 10 men...get yaya out of the team until he's got his head straight.
Another smacked arse. We are better off in the league then this time last year, and if it wasn't for Chelsea having improved massively, we would be top. We can't control what they do, but to be better off already, albeit a point, wipes your rent out of the water completely.

taconinja said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Absolutely. The essential outcome tonight was to get 3 points. Nothing more, nothing less, even it that meant winning a bit ugly. I was a bit surprised that he didn't change things at half time, with us being 2-0 up. Take off Dzeko or Aguero, bring on Clichy and push Kolarov into midfield then get Milner to sit in front of Zabaleta. Take Toure off and bring Fernandinho on, pushing Silva up behind the striker. Then we've got two banks of 4 who can all defend, but with options (in Milner, Kolarov and 'Dinho) to go forward if we get a good chance.

But we did exactly what we laughed at Liverpool for doing at Palace last season and chased the game when we really needed to control it and hang onto what we had. I'm absolutely furious with Pellegrini and I hope Txiki kicks his arse all the way back home for that.

This
Yeah. That's 100% spot on.

Might well be spot on however until the "Yaya conundrum" is sorted then it seems to cloud MP's judgement - his inability to sub the guy costs us time after time.

Pigeonho said:
littlemarkyc said:
Gonna win fuck all this season of we have to play every game with 10 men...get yaya out of the team until he's got his head straight.
Another smacked arse. We are better off in the league then this time last year, and if it wasn't for Chelsea having improved massively, we would be top. We can't control what they do, but to be better off already, albeit a point, wipes your rent out of the water completely.

Good performance a decent point tonight eh pige.

Chippy_boy said:
Pigeonho said:
littlemarkyc said:

Good performance a decent point tonight eh pige.
Absolutely not, but chippy boy is saying we won't win anything. Well we are already better off than this time in our championship winning year.
Edit. Littlemarkyc.

i8rags said:
Two ways of looking at this result, is it really a shock the players didn't give a fuck, the draws have been a farce, uefa have tried their best to fuck us over at every opportunity and from every angle, seeded lower than our premier rivals, squad restrictions, financial penalties, referees are below the lowest standard of integrity imaginable and no matter what we do we're doomed to fail in this competition, empty stadiums, freezing conditions you name it its coming ourway.
OR,
It's Pellegrini and yayas fault.

Stick me in with group one mate.

The ref ran with his dick in his hand to award them the penalty tonight.

Pigeonho said:
BobKowalski said:
Pigeonho said:
Yet a pre eir league title and league cup in his first year I charge says otherwise. I'm stunned these lists slating the manager aren't being more heavily criticised, yet posters like me who question those posts get accused of stirring shit.

The two issues are not mutually exclusive. We do have a weakness in defence. We had it last season too but our strategy is to overwhelm with superior players/firepower and in the PL we invariably make it work. In the CL this strategy does not work. This season in the PL we now have a comparable opponent in Chelsea so it remains to be seen whether we make it work again.

But in the CL what we do now simply does not work and hoping it does is not a viable plan.
Let's have it right, CSKA and Roma would represent, at present, Palace and Southampton respectively. We should be beating both these teams, we being the players.
Totally agree. Our players are proving to be spineless and lacking nous in Europe under two different managers. Pellegrini has done well in Europe with two other teams that lacked the depth of our squad's talent. I know who I'm angry with and it's not the manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.