CSKA Post Match Thread

BobKowalski said:
blueinsa said:
In the same way some are demanding nothing but perfection from the players and managers, isn't it only fair we demand the same from officials?

Was it Edins fault he didn't get a penalty first half?

Was it his fault the player also didn't get a red card?

Was it AK's fault the lad fell over his own shadow in the box?

By playing shit, do we deserve to be shit on by corrupt officials?

I don't demand perfection from Pellers or the players. Shit happens and all that. But whining about the officials will not win us the CL. Our Bayern whining? No because they just stuffed Roma 7 fucking 1. And what the fuck was Kompany boo hooing about? Jesus Christ. Let's try manning up and start learning how to win matches in the CL.

This is our 4th season and we have been bang average at best. Over 4 seasons. Not 4 games. 4 fucking seasons. The only way to progress is acknowledge we have problems competing in the CL. Crying that the refs hate us and the brutes wouldn't let our fans in is frankly pathetic.

As you may have guessed I saw Vincent's interview while typing this.

We need a certain set of players with the right mind set and this will take time to develop.

Eventually even with some luck in transfer market we have to get the right mix capable of winning the Chumps League

The good thing is we have the resources to get there but it will take a lot longer than most would have imagined.

Kompany might well end being right about City winning a Champs League but it won't be with him in the side in all likelihood.

We all agree that this squad is good enough to challenge for the title most seasons and needs to be adjusted each season to continue that challenge but well short of challenging in Europe.

I can think of at least ten sides that in all likelihood would beat us over two leagues nearly all the time at present.

blueinsa said:
Good on our captain for doing what quite a few on here feel unable too tonight......stick up for the club and fans!

Or you can stick your head in the sand and pretend that it was a good performance and we were just unlucky with refereeing decisions.

Blue Mooner said:
We should have won 4-1, 5-1!!? FFS when did we become such an arrogant bunch of t*ssers? Bayern only won here 1-0 and the previous game CSKA won 6-0.

The result standing at 2-1 would have been a good one until the ref intervened and basically gave them a goal. Why you are not fuming at that instead of the players and manager is beyond me.

Plus the Edin penalty would have made it 3-0 and the second half would have been a non event. Yes we weren't perfect in the second half but to suggest it was anything but the referee that changed this game is way, way wide of the mark.
Think you've misread my post, there was nothing arrogant about what I posted, we should have been 4 or 5-0 up at half time, we were that much better than they were, they basically given up by half time, it doesn't matter what Bayern did there, we were far superior in the first half, the penalty not being given didn't help, but we had more than enough other chances.

Blaming the referee just glosses over the fact that we were abysmal after the break, we shouldn't allow the players the luxury of pretending it was the referees fault.

It wasn't "not perfect", it was abysmal. From 5 minutes in it was clear a goal was coming for CSKA, we couldn't get possession of the ball, we couldn't retain possession of the ball, our forward players had given up, they simply weren't trying, some of our best passers couldn't pass the ball 10 yards to a team mate, none of that was any referees fault.

Yes 2 poor decisions cost us in the end, but the biggest fault was our players arrogance in thinking they'd already won, and that they didn't need to play the extra 45 minutes that's required in a football match.

This is on Pells and the players but also on the board. We haven't beaten a big team when in mattered in 4 years and yet look at our 11 tonight. Can anyone say it is demonstrably better than 2011? Look at who barca, Madrid, Chelsea, etc. have purchased in the intervening years and look at us. Our 2 most expensive signings in that time are marginal starters.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:
Good on our captain for doing what quite a few on here feel unable too tonight......stick up for the club and fans!

Or you can stick your head in the sand and pretend that it was a good performance and we were just unlucky with refereeing decisions.

Or we can admit we didn't perform but we're still in a position to win a game which we were until we were cheated yet again.

Like it or not, you can't legislate for a corrupt ref like tonight.

And what will happen in the next game...

Players will be rotated and maybe a change of system. I sed before the game, i think there's to much tinkering happening right now and sometimes it's not good. The club needs consistency, pick the best eleven and stop changing it to keep players happy. If players don't want to work there way in to the team then let them go, it's simple.

Once again Pellegrini proves he's a one trick pony. He has his plan A and a small modification that he no doubt refers to as plan B. Thankfully this works most of the time in the domestic competitions, but when it comes to outsmarting the best managers in the game in the CL we come away second best.

For everyone out there scratching their heads wondering why we get out played in the CL let me let you in to a little secret, it’s not the players fault. We have an amazing array of talented players but we consistently fail to take account the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and fail to put together a plan to contain them, and then beat them. No matter what we play plan A or plan B.

Until we start to be more aware of the opposition and be humble enough to recognise their strengths and ruthlessly expose their weaknesses we will forever underperform at the highest level because we will be beaten by managers and teams that do.

We have one of the best squads in world football and I often wonder how we would progress in the CL and at home if Mourhinio was our manager? Personally I think we'd be imperious in the Prem and mentioned in the same breath as Madrid, Barca and Munich abroad?

Please tell me I’m wrong and why.

Instant_Offense said:
This is on Pells and the players but also on the board. We haven't beaten a big team when in mattered in 4 years and yet look at our 11 tonight. Can anyone say it is demonstrably better than 2011? Look at who barca, Madrid, Chelsea, etc. have purchased in the intervening years and look at us. Our 2 most expensive signings in that time are marginal starters.

Let's throw some more money at it

blueinsa said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:

Or we can admit we didn't perform but we're still in a position to win a game which we were until we were cheated yet again.

Like it or not, you can't legislate for a corrupt ref like tonight.

That corrupt that he he didn't give Zabaleta offside for our 2nd?

I agree he made some poor decisions but there's a tendency on here at times to alway try and lay the blame at the door of somebody else though rather than looking at our own failings.

Thanks fuck for our captain. Plenty on here should read his post match comments and get behind the lads and realise exactly what is happening to us as a club in Europe.

Safe trip home to the blues who made the trip out to Moscow and who have been fucked over in equal amounts by corrupt UEFA.

On that note, I'm away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.