CSKA Post Match Thread

Pingu the Penguin said:
Another shocking refereeing performance but the sad fact is that the players are running out of excuses now.

Quality squad, and they need to collectively find a way of winning these games.

Successive squads under successive managers have underperformed in Europe now

I just can't explain why

Mindset ,tactics , naivety and experience.

The good news is that we have the resources to address them.

Our owners want us to succeed in Europe and we will but it will take some time.

Most likely most of this squad won't be playing when we do win it and to be honest its not that surprising when you look at them indivdually and collectively.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Too many dicks on here you cannot allow for a ref like that we will still go through get a grip blues or lurking rags!

Too many people obsessed with "agendas" and not watching the football. Any half-way competent 2nd half performance from City and the ref would have been a total irrelevance.

Blue Punter said:
Just watched the replay of the penalty incidents.

Every City player appealed for the Dzeko one.

No CSKA players appealed for theirs.

Strange that.

Fascinating.....but those two incidents should not be the focus of the game,they should be nothing more than talking points.

If there was supposed to be no fans in stadium how come I could hear chanting on the terraces.

The slaughtered lamb said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:
Or we can admit we didn't perform but we're still in a position to win a game which we were until we were cheated yet again.

Like it or not, you can't legislate for a corrupt ref like tonight.

That corrupt that he he didn't give Zabaleta offside for our 2nd?

I agree he made some poor decisions but there's a tendency on here at times to alway try and lay the blame at the door of somebody else though rather than looking at our own failings.

People keep doing this. I don't think anyone is trying to say that wasn't a rank bad performance in the second half but a shit performance and shit decisions are not mutually exclusive. Without one or the other we would have probably won today.

I agree. I'd just rather we focus on the one that we can have some control over.

I think Mr Pellegrini needs to holds his hands up for this one. Playing 2 out and out strikers was naive, and massively underestimated the game CSKA would give us.

Having said that, Dzeko bar setting up Kun, did nothing all night and needs to up his game to warrant selection.

Europe with our current squad needs a midfield 3, with fern and fern holding and yaya pushed on. I had hoped we'd see it for a bit longer than we did tonight

Hihosilva said:
500 of there fans in the stadium, what's that all about.

City have made an official appeal to Uefa, the European game’s governing body, over the presence of around 300 raucous CSKA Moscow supporters at a game in which they were supposed to have been denied entry, as punishment for racist conduct in previous games.

Uefa observers videoed the supporters and their investigation will centre on the distribution of the 300 tickets made available to their own partner organisations. Of the 650 tickets circulated, each club received 75, the ball boys and their families took 50 of them, the media were allocated 150 and another 300 were circulated to Uefa partners and sponsors.

This picture's fucking brilliant. Shades of Mario.

_78437013_cityplayersprotest.jpg

oakiecokie said:
Hihosilva said:
500 of there fans in the stadium, what's that all about.

City have made an official appeal to Uefa, the European game’s governing body, over the presence of around 300 raucous CSKA Moscow supporters at a game in which they were supposed to have been denied entry, as punishment for racist conduct in previous games.

Uefa observers videoed the supporters and their investigation will centre on the distribution of the 300 tickets made available to their own partner organisations. Of the 650 tickets circulated, each club received 75, the ball boys and their families took 50 of them, the media were allocated 150 and another 300 were circulated to Uefa partners and sponsors.
Looks like the team which was punished the most was us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.