CSKA Post Match Thread

It's because we're too nice, from the manager down to the players. All our players are very good, some world class or close to it, but their mental strength and self-belief in a god-given right to win appears to be lacking.

In short, we need a few arrogant gobshite wankers to refuse to accept defeat or decisions against them. To pressure refs and get in opponents faces, put them off their game and constantly question every dubious decision until we get what we want. We need players who look like they can be arsed, and whose attitudes make them winners and drive others to start pulling their weight a bit more. Craig Bellamy's attitude was absolutely spot on. So is John Terry's. All great teams need some players like this. I don't think we have any.

Jack Wills said:
It's because we're too nice, from the manager down to the players. All our players are very good, some world class or close to it, but their mental strength and self-belief in a god-given right to win appears to be lacking.

In short, we need a few arrogant gobshite wankers to refuse to accept defeat or decisions against them. To pressure refs and get in opponents faces, put them off their game and constantly question every dubious decision until we get what we want. We need players who look like they can be arsed, and whose attitudes make them winners and drive others to start pulling their weight a bit more. Craig Bellamy's attitude was absolutely spot on. So is John Terry's. All great teams need some players like this. I don't think we have any.

Bring back Balotelli

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
Once again Pellegrini proves he's a one trick pony. He has his plan A and a small modification that he no doubt refers to as plan B. Thankfully this works most of the time in the domestic competitions, but when it comes to outsmarting the best managers in the game in the CL we come away second best.

For everyone out there scratching their heads wondering why we get out played in the CL let me let you in to a little secret, it’s not the players fault. We have an amazing array of talented players but we consistently fail to take account the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and fail to put together a plan to contain them, and then beat them. No matter what we play plan A or plan B.

Until we start to be more aware of the opposition and be humble enough to recognise their strengths and ruthlessly expose their weaknesses we will forever underperform at the highest level because we will be beaten by managers and teams that do.

We have one of the best squads in world football and I often wonder how we would progress in the CL and at home if Mourhinio was our manager? Personally I think we'd be imperious in the Prem and mentioned in the same breath as Madrid, Barca and Munich abroad?

Please tell me I’m wrong and why.
We were painfully aware of the strengths of the opposition under Mancini and tailored our own game to them. That got us nowhere either.

I didn't mention Mancini. I'm talking about the top managers who understand the intricacies of the game at the highest level and can mastermind a game plan to win the match and competition. Pellegrini doesn't do this. He gets out thought time and time again.

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
I didn't mention Mancini. I'm talking about the top managers who understand the intricacies of the game at the highest level and can mastermind a game plan to win the match and competition. Pellegrini doesn't do this. He gets out thought time and time again.
CSKA don't have a top manager either.

Yeah yeah we've fucked up again/had a shit decision from another shit ref but did anyone notice how good the kit looked? It must be the chilly/icey air or something because the blue looked better there than it does here. Strange I know but I didn't like the home kit with dark trim before tonight. That's the most important thing to learn from tonight.

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
Once again Pellegrini proves he's a one trick pony. He has his plan A and a small modification that he no doubt refers to as plan B. Thankfully this works most of the time in the domestic competitions, but when it comes to outsmarting the best managers in the game in the CL we come away second best.

For everyone out there scratching their heads wondering why we get out played in the CL let me let you in to a little secret, it’s not the players fault. We have an amazing array of talented players but we consistently fail to take account the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and fail to put together a plan to contain them, and then beat them. No matter what we play plan A or plan B.

Until we start to be more aware of the opposition and be humble enough to recognise their strengths and ruthlessly expose their weaknesses we will forever underperform at the highest level because we will be beaten by managers and teams that do.

We have one of the best squads in world football and I often wonder how we would progress in the CL and at home if Mourhinio was our manager? Personally I think we'd be imperious in the Prem and mentioned in the same breath as Madrid, Barca and Munich abroad?

Please tell me I’m wrong and why.
We were painfully aware of the strengths of the opposition under Mancini and tailored our own game to them. That got us nowhere either.

That's right, only two trophies last season.

I'm sick to death of the excuses. "Oh we've been screwed over by refs" "UEFA are against us" Some even seeming to think them sneaking a few fans into the game made a difference. You make your own luck. If we had killed off the game, taken all our chances then there wouldn't be the worry of a dodgy penalty call ruining the game because we would have a comfortable cushion of goals. Just look at Chelsea and Bayern tonight. Were they satisfied with going 2 up? No they went for the throat and smashed the fuck out of the opposition. We go 2-1 down and Pellegrini shits himself and pulls off Silva and tries to defend the narrowest of leads and we could all see what was coming.

We are too naive in Europe. The players don't look like they have a clue how to play European football and so far it looks like the guy brought in to win us the fucking thing doesn't have a scooby what he's doing either. Just wank all round.

RandomJ said:
I'm sick to death of the excuses. "Oh we've been screwed over by refs" "UEFA are against us" Some even seeming to think them sneaking a few fans into the game made a difference. You make your own luck. If we had killed off the game, taken all our chances then there wouldn't be the worry of a dodgy penalty call ruining the game because we would have a comfortable cushion of goals. Just look at Chelsea and Bayern tonight. Were they satisfied with going 2 up? No they went for the throat and smashed the fuck out of the opposition. We go 2-1 down and Pellegrini shits himself and pulls off Silva and tries to defend the narrowest of leads and we could all see what was coming.

We are too naive in Europe. The players don't look like they have a clue how to play European football and so far it looks like the guy brought in to win us the fucking thing doesn't have a scooby what he's doing either. Just wank all round.

You're not impressed then?

Naive and poor. Bayern have given us a glimmer of hope but I cannot see this group of players taking this chance. I have been wrong doubting these players before so let's hope I am again!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.